Sunday, December 31, 2006

Another Year Over...

...and a new one's just begun. Well, just about to begin anyway...

What a year 2006 has been! To say the least it has been terrific for Lyndon, Monet and I. If you had of said to me this time last year, that we would be living in Cairns in 2006, I would have said "No, I don't think so!" Funny how things change.

Our move in early April was like a new chapter in our book of life. We got to see and do so many things that I had never even dreamt I would see or do. We've been to the Daintree Rainforest, Great Barrier Reef, toured both north and south and west of Cairns, stayed at some gorgeous places (Magnetic Island, Townsville, Dunk Island, Port Douglas) and met a whole new group of people. Our hirozons have been broadened and our outlook on life has changed a lot too.

This year made me appreciate how wonderful and diverse Australia is, how to cope without others, how special parents really are and how a little human can fulfill your lives and test your patience (!) at the same time...

Life is great. 2006 was terrific. The 2007 outlook looks wonderful.

Happy New Year everyone. Keep safe and well!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Kiki said...

All the very best to you and your two lovelies for 2007, if the current year has been so good just imagine the possibilities ahead - wowee!! Enjoy...

Bobkat said...

Sounds like 2006 was good to you and I hope 2007 is even better!

Happy New Year and I hope to read more of your adventures in 2007!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

kimbofo said...

Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Melody !

Anonymous said...

Yay for a good year! You are a wonderful mother. Monet is a lucky girl.

Marie said...

Happy New Year Melody! I look forward to reading about more of your adventures this year! Hugs to all...