Monday, January 01, 2007

January First

This morning, after waking up with no headache or hangover in sight, we popped into the local 'Woolworths'. We went to pick up some more of Monet's favourite snack food (and her mother's favourite 'get-in-the-pram' bribery food), little packets of cheese flavoured rice-cakes. When leaving we picked up the new catalogue in which we spied this...I can't believe it is just one week since Christmas and Easter Buns are already on their way in! Somebody is making a buck somewhere aren't they?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know. The catalogues we are getting are already advertising Easter stuff.

Eee gads.

Star said...

Happy New Year. I was in my car early yesterday morning when the newsman said it was already New Years in Australia, and I pictured you guys in you lovely town making merry. We had Woolworth here when I was younger, but they all closed.It was what we called a "five & dime " store. Our stores here are gearing up for Valentines Day now.
Happy New Year

Bobkat said...

I love hot cross buns but NOT YET! I saw the first Valentines stuff in the shops today too.

Happy New Year :-)

kimbofo said...

That's shocking. I guess the easter eggs won't be far behind.

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable! They give us no time to catch our breaths! I notice Valentine's displays are out front and center already in the stores.

Melody said...

Raehan - So you're getting it too?

Star - Haven't seen any Valentines stuff yet. I better not speak too soon... (Woolworths over here is a big supermarket chain.)

Bob-Kat - must admit I thought yummo when I first spied them...

Kimbofo - I predict Easter Eggs to be on the shelves in the next couple of weeks, once they get rid of all their excess Xmas stock!!!

Deana - I'm still catching my breath!!