Maybe I was warming you all up, in the hint that yesterday, we bought our own place to live in up here.
Yep. We bought an apartment yesterday, in a lovely suburb about 20 minutes drive north of here. We're very excited and oh so thrilled.

Our first home... Yippee!!! Pity we have to now wait patiently for 60 days before we can move into our 2 year old place. (Oww, so nice to be able to say 'our' and mean it!)
Go and have a drink on us!
19 comments:
Congrats Melody!!
What's it like?
Can't wait to see the inside!
We'll all be invited to your house-warming party, right? ;-)
I cannot wait to come stay.
Thats right i dont have to wait.
Well 60 days at least.
OMG - that is so cool !!
And the building looks so delicious !!
I am so happy for all of you - how exciting ! w00t ! :)
Fabulous! Well, you really are content. So it must be close to Palm Cove then? Monet will just love that pool 24/7 won't she?
Don't worry your 60 day countdown will go so quickly and in the meantime you have plenty of furniture arranging to do in your mind :-)
Marie - You're invite is in the mail! Can you come?
Marianne - can't wait to show you!! Exciting hey?
H&B - Yes, the outside looks pretty good doesn't it? But you should see the inside! Even better.
Kikimiss - Yes, close to Palm Cove. But not Palm Cove. But very close to the beach... (A 750m walk in fact!) Yep, lucky for us we have a floor layout so we have already been thinking what will go where and what 'new' things we will be needing. You're right, 60 days is nothing - you should have a new daughter by then!
That's great news, congratulations. Cairns does grow on you (like the mould in summer...). I didn't think much of the place before I started coming through for work about 12 months ago but now I don't mind it at all. You're definitely showing signs of becoming Queenslanders ;-)
Conratulations. Cairns does sound like a lovely place to live.
Hey Ian, not all of us Queenslanders are daggy you know tee hee :-)
Congratulations that is great news
It looks fab with its big balcony, need to see pictures of the inside
L
x
Congrats! It looks absolutely gorgeous. Look at all those palm trees!
IanH - Yep - 'fraid to admit it but we are slowly turning into Queenslanders, for the time being that is!
Star - Thank-you, not only is it a lovely place to reside, its also great to visit!
Lynne - Thanks mate! It also has a small balcony out the back as a bonus. No doubt in time you'll see piccies.
Kylie - I'm so used of seeing palms now (they're everywhere) I don't seem to notice them. Can't see the forest for the trees kind of thing.
What wonderful news! It looks like such a lovely place to live. I'm so thrilled for you.
Hiya from Michele's tonight. It's always such a joy to read your blog.
Congratulations! It looks lovely adn I can't wait to see more! I am sure you will be even happier there. It is nice to have a home and call it 'yours' isn't it?
Oh wow, that's great news - congratulations! And it looks absolutely amazing.
The feeling of owning your own home is really great - I think you're going to enjoy it!
Thanks everyone!!
Congratulations Melody!
Yeah! I just sent you a great big hug!!!!I am so happy for you guys and I love the place!
Have you got the spare bedroom ready? ;)
Kimbofo - yes, there will be a spare room ready complete with queen-sized bed and it's own balcony! When shall I book you in?
Post a Comment