Tuesday, January 09, 2007

She's A Strutter

There are times when Monet walks around like she owns the place. You can tell. She struts. Very confidently. I don't know if she walks around like that because she likes the sound of her shoes on the floor or she walks trying to keep in step with myself. Not sure.

What I can tell you though is that she's been really testing me lately. I, for one, cannot wait until the 'Terrible Twos' disappear. They probably won't. I hope she's not like this forever. As I have told my father down the phone line, when Monet is good, she's really good, but when she's bad, boy, is she bad!!! And scream? Gee, can our girl scream or what? So loud it is actually pretty deafening. I swear everyone in our apartment block know we're going through a "stage". Hmm. Can you tell me when it will end? Please don't tell me that it won't. I don't want to hear that.

But when Monet is good (here I am trying to forget about our trying times), she really is good. She does me proud sometimes. She'll sit happily in the pram, especially when we visit a drinking establishment, reading and eating and playing. (Sometimes that is the only way to get her into her pram if we tell her we are going to a Pub. Figure that out!) Sometimes she'll sit in that pram of hers for a good couple of hours without once saying "Monet walking?" I love it when she's good in the pram.

Maybe that's why our girl walks with such confidence. Our strutter. It's because she's not sitting in that pram of hers.

Either that or she's showing off her footwear.....hehehe

10 comments:

Michael K. Althouse said...

I have three boys, the youngest is 17. I can't tell you that it will get "better," just different. Parenthood is among the most trying jobs I've ever had - always wanting to get it just right and never being sure if I did. It's worth every second though.

Michele sends her regards,

Mike

Bobkat said...

The pic of her is so cute. She looks like she's figuring out how long it'll be before they fit properly!

My friend has a three year old. She says that after the terrible two's came the trying three's!Most of time it appears to be because she wants to be just like her mum!

Marie said...

Love her shoes!!

I know exactly what you mean. She actually sits??? while you enjoy a drink?? Oh my goodness. I fear our stroller days are over, and we just don't do restaurants these days. My boy likes to run, climb, play on the floor -- anything but remain seated!

Young children have the best posture!!

Anonymous said...

My girls never really liked the pram/stroller. In fact, I was always a little jealous whenever you wrote about Monet sitting so long in one.

In my experience, three is a wonderful time for girls. Still trying sometimes, but less difficult than two. Although, two was loads of fun, too.

Unknown said...

She is very cute!!

Michele sent me

LBA said...

Girls are like that, even when they grow up. Blokes simply melt into the couch with the remote control and a beer, while the woman nags, frets, and tanties.

Isn't that how it goes ? :)

We walk everywhere too now "C Walk!" is a statement of fact, not a request. "No Pram!". I love walking down the street with him, as it's like we're equals/buddies.
Quite bizarre in a way, but I like it too :)

Anonymous said...

Ben and Monet have some similarities. Ben loves to ride in his stroller and he can hit some pretty high octaves too when he wants to. And apparently he wants to all the time! I like the shoe pic.

Teena in Toronto said...

She's got some attitude :)

Go, Girl!!

Michael K. Althouse said...

Back again, courtesy of Michele

Mike

Melody said...

Mr. Althouse - thanks for dropping by.

Bob-Kat - I've heard about the terrible threes too! All goes hand-in-hand with parenting doesn't it?

Marie - yes, charming work shoes aren't they? Yes, you read right, she sits whilst we drink. Lucky us hey?

Raehan - I know how lucky I am to have a pram lover, well most of the time. My secret is bribery. I think this is a wonderful age because communication is a wonderful thing. I look forward to the coming years with her...

Kristi - thanks.

H&B - Trust me. I get the "No Pram!!" statement too. Really a demand isn't it?

Delane - we need to meet Ben. They seem to have a lot in common your son and my daughter.

Teena - attitude alright. Unlike her mother of course!


Cathy - yes Monet melts my heart practically every day!