Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Sparkle Fingers and Yummy Cupcakes

Yesterday morning after popping out of my local supermarket, I visited the bakery to pick up a loaf of fresh bread.

"Would you like a sparkle finger?" The bakery assistant asked Monet.
Monet looked at me.
"What's a 'sparkle finger'?" I asked.
"A small finger bun we make especially for the little kids, here, I'll show you..." she said.
Well, as soon as I saw it I knew Monet would want it so I accepted. No money was exchanged. Monet smiled. So did I. You don't get many things for free these days do you? No wonder I love my local 'Baker's Delight' store!! Hehe...

And because I can, for a little self-promotion, if you want the recipe to these...
...click here, for my recipe blog named 'cakes, cookies and an odd roast dinner'.

9 comments:

Marie said...

I'll take a sparkle finger too!!

Our grocery store has a bin of "help yourself" cookies for kids -- but they're not as yummy looking as these!

Ms Mac said...

Both of those pictures look delicious!

I think I'll have to have a pain au chocolat for breakfast now!

Bobkat said...

How nice of the bakery. You don't often get something like that these days.

Your cakes look lovely but I am staying away on purpose as they look very yummy! Maybe just a quick peek...!

Anonymous said...

I'll take one too! What a nice bakery! Off to see your recipe.

Kiki said...

Good morning Melody, you are very lucky as my local Baker's Delight doesn't delight us with any freebies. I'm not sure I've ever seen any 'Sparkle Fingers' either or maybe I'm just not looking. I'll have to take Miss A there today and see if she can turn on the charm ;-)

Your cupcakes look fantastic, that icing is making me hungry for sweet treats at 6:29am!!! Sure looks easy too.

By the way, the link to my blog from yours doesn't seem to work for me?

Anonymous said...

How did you get the finger bun home for a photo without a bite taken out of it ?

Melody said...

Marie - yeah I thought I'd eat it along with Monet but no, I was good. She ate the whole thing herself!!

Ms Mac - Thanks! How was your pain ua chocolat?

Bob-Kat - Yes, it was nice of the bakery. About time though, I do go there every couple of days!

Deana - I hope you make those cupcakes. Too nice to not share.

Kikimiss - yeah, I will have to fix up your link, I noticed it wasn't working the other day. So, did Miss A turn on the charm?

Marianne - How? Easy. I didn't give it to her! Hehe. Not until she got home anyway, she was too busy munching on those bloody rice cakes!

Kiki said...

Miss A turned on the charm and chatted away happily but no freebie. Plus, they didn't have any 'Sparkle Fingers'!! They did have 'Fun Buns' but they weren't pink like yours. She opted for a 'Cheeseymite Scroll' instead - good girl.

kimbofo said...

What a cute name to call those little buns! They look like my type of thing, actually. Do they make them in adult sizes? 'Sparkle hands' perhaps?