We visited 'Spotlight' again and Monet walked around, touching (!!) all the fabrics and exclaiming "That's beautiful!...That's cute!" We got lots of looks and smiles, let me tell you! Monet decided on some strawberry printed fabric. She did well. The material only cost me $3.50.
I made the dress yesterday, which she wore all afternoon and now again today.
Don't you love the way she is modelling the back of the dress for the camera?
I'm guessing I will have to make more now won't I?...
11 comments:
Too talented - isn't that elastic ruching in the back ? Isn't that *hard* ?
I am a non-sewer, but I imagine it would be ?
Very darling, and who can resist a $3.50 dress ?
:)
I'm guessing you'll have to make a dress for just about every fruit in the fruit bowl :0)
It's really cute that she loves them so much.
Ohhhhh I, well...Miss A really wants one. She is too divine, I love it when they mimic those adult phrases "that's beautiful...that's cute". Hilarious.
She is a wonderful little model and you are doing such a great job! She really picked a cute fabric for a little sun dress, I just love it.
I think there's a business in your future: your handiwork is incredible. She's a very lucky girl to have a mom like you.
That's such sweet material Monet chose! She's going to keep you busy, Mom! Just adorable.
Cherries, strawberries, it'll be pineapples next! Hehe.
I think you should get cupcakes fabric next time.love the dress
H&B - no, it isn't actually that hard, surprisingly. They are quick and easy dresses to 'whip up'. I have no patience when I begin a project as I always want them finished ASAP.
Bob-kat - yes, I'll be looking for apple material next!
Kikimiss - Just a hilarious age though isn't it?
Deana - yes, she is a great little model. And good choice in fabric too.
Carmi - Thanks but just don't look at the stitching too closely. I'm actually not that good.
Marie - she keeps me busy (as Little K would with you!) without me sewing her sundresses!
Kim - I think Marianne is onto something here...
Marianne - I think you are onto something. I was actually keeping my eye out for cake fabric. Haven't found any yet but you know I will buy some when I see some!
I'm very impressed! You made this 'yesterday'?? In ONE DAY???? Geez, you are good with the needle and thread!
Yes, I'm afraid you must. But boy, choosing outfits would seem a breeze with these dresses. Beautiful. I love the name Monet by the way.
Post a Comment