Sunday, January 28, 2007

Which Weather Will It Be Today?**UPDATED**

The so-called 'Weather experts' have stated that the 'Wet Season' has begun in our little corner of the world. But if you looked out of my lounge room window this morning you wouldn't believe it.

The sun is shining and all I can see is a cloudless blue sky. Perfect. It's just gone 8am and it is about 28 degrees Celsius outside.

We had a lot of rain late yesterday afternoon. This is what the rain radar looked like at around 8pm...
Cairns city is just below the center of the map, surrounded and covered in rain, rain and yet more rain.

This is what the radar looks like at the moment...



A few light drops over the reef in the far north east of the map. I can only imagine that late this afternoon the map will be blanketed in blue again. But then, I could be wrong. I'm no weather expert. However, it seems like every second person up here is. And I live with one. Hehe...

What's the weather like outside your window right now?

**UPDATE** Okay, it's 8:15pm here now and look at the current radar...

...I told you the Wet Season had arrived, didn't I?

7 comments:

Em said...

First of all, I really know nothing about Australia, but it look as if you live in a place that must be very scenic - right on the ocean. Very nice.

As for your rain compared to our weather...CT is dry and cold...high today around 34 degrees, low tonight around 10.

Anonymous said...

It was about 55 & warm & sunny here in Virginia today, rather breezy though. Sounds like your area must be beautiful! Here from Micheles tonight.

Delane said...

Sounds like one of those places where you can say "If you don't like the weather, just give it a minute."

Anonymous said...

Wow that is some changing weather! Here in Alabama it was chilly and very breezy. Low 40's with sunshine but the 10 - 15 mph breezes kept it feeling COLD!

Marie said...

Does Monet have a special rainy season umbrella?

Bobkat said...

I'm in the UK and it's winter so it's grey, damp and miserable :-(

Sometimes it seems like it's always the wet season here! We can have some gorgeous weather though in the summer :-)

Anonymous said...

I am awful. I am sitting here trying my hardest to figure up what 28c would be in farenheit.