Anyone Around Here Would Think We were Moving!
If you could see our apartment at the moment the words "Oh My Gosh!" may come out of your mouth. We have stuff everywhere. Everywhere. But we have an excuse!We're packing up and moving out!!! But you already knew that didn't you?We have dedicated our bedroom the 'once-packed-in-a-box-it-goes-in-there' room. It's working well so far...
We moved with 'Kent' from Melbourne to Cairns and luckily we saved all those boxes. They've been stored in our storage shed downstairs. We knew they would come in handy some day. Monet's been having a great time playing in the boxes, you can only imagine. Must be something about sitting in a box watching telly, instead of sitting on a chair watching telly, that makes it just a little more exciting!!
So we don't move out to our new abode for another 2 weeks and 6 days but there is nothing like being and feeling organised. Don't you agree? *grin*
13 comments:
Gosh you are prepared!!! I'm moving outof my place on saturday and I haven't started packing yet!!! Lucky I've got the next 3 days off work.
Michele sent me today! Good luck with the move!
Yaeli - sometimes it pays to be prepared! But I have a lot of time on my hands (besides entertaining a 2 year old) and you do not. It also helps that all it has been doing weather-wise up here is bloody rain.
I hope never to move again, possibly wishful thinking, but we'll see.
Moving from Cardiff, to Matt's house, driving all our non-essentials down to his mum's in Plymouth, selling his house, stuffing the car full of our 'can't live withouts' putting the bikes on the back, going to live with friends in Cardiff for a month while we finished work, then filling the car again, driving down to Plymouth, unloading everything, reloading and adding more, putting the bikes on the back, catching the ferry, driving through France and across northern Spain to a rental flat, unloading, finding a house, moving out of flat, reloading car and moving into house, was enough for me. No more please!
On the other hand, you do seem to be much more organised!
My cats would love those boxes too.
Once we sold a house right out from under ourselves...and I was throwing stuff in boxes on the way out the door. It's a wonder nothing got broken...we only had a couple of days to pack....it was pandemonium!!
I don't think I COULD move now...we have too much stuff...I'll have to stay here forever!
Oh man. You really are organized, aren't you?
Exciting!
The worst bit about moving is finding boxes. Supermarkets won't even give them away these days, and who wants to PAY for the bloody things! Still, it's not like I've moved recently. We've been here for 6.5 years now, would you believe!
I'm very impressed with your organization! I would be dashing around at the last minute and feeling all kinds of stress. LOL
Yes, you can never be too prepared! I know you must be getting excited!
I so totally admire your sense of organization. When we moved, we had barely built our first box three weeks before we moved. You've already made a massive dent and have found a way to make it fun.
You're good parents, and good people.
Somehow I'm not finding it surprising that you're getting a head start on this moving Melody!
Your daughter enjoying life from a big box takes me back to when my parents would buy a "big item". A delivery truck would appear and two burly men would unload a new something or other (dishwasher, washer, dryer). Mom and Dad got the new handy dandy household appliance and we kids got a new submarine, airplane, fort or whatever else our little brains could conjure up at the time.
God bless you as you get things organized for your move!
Absolutely !!
As a mover and groover, I know you can never start too soon ... there will always be more "stuff"
Kents was the only mover I have ever used that broke stuff.
And dinted stuff.
And they broke and dinted lots. Very disappointed in them.
I went back to those "2 blokes and a truck" local movers now. Never a prob.
Hi, I do the "dedicate a room/space thing" too. It sure makes things easier. Good on you for getting all of this underway, gee not long now (for both of us tee hee). It will be wonderful to have your own place, but I'm wondering will you miss being so close to the CBD?
Yippee!!! Very exciting.
Post a Comment