Thursday, February 22, 2007

Charley The Hobby Horse

There is a little shop down the road from where we live called 'The Green House'. It sells the most gorgeous items in there, from cards and books to children's wooden toys and clothing. In fact it sells lots and lots of gift items. It is a gorgeous little shop that I kid of forget about when I am in need of buying someone a gift! (Don't you hate that?)

However, Monet was a very lucky girl to receive a Hobby Horse, bought from this shop, from her visiting Nanma this week.


We've nicknamed him Charley Horse and Monet walks around the apartment trying her hardest to make a Clip Clop noise... Very cute. It is one of those toys that will get lots of use and will last. And the type of toy you keep.

This morning when Monet and I were out walking back from the library, Monet pointed across the road to 'The Green House' and pronounced very loudly to the world "That's where I got Hobby Horse from". She's an advertisers dream my girl, she really is. I must tell the shop keepers of the store this because she said it to a group of people waiting for their bus to arrive and they all seemed to look across the road to see what shop she was talking about! I wonder if they had an increase of Hobby Horse sales this morning?! Hehe...

6 comments:

Kiki said...

My little mate has a horsey too, but we don't have a name for it. I must ask her what she is going to call it. One of my Aunts gave it to her - you press one of the ears and it makes a clip-clop noise which she thinks is hilarious.

I love Monet's hair in pigtails, Miss A calls them "two hairs". Ha ha ha.

Looks like she's headed for a career in advertising too, steer her away...the hours are too long and the deadlines are frustrating. Baking is a much better option.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Monet enjoyed grandma's visit! I love little stores like that.

Marie said...

Very sweet. We have a couple of items that are special & keepers too... a small wooden rocking chair and a wooden rocking horse. Both from a store that went out of business.

Anonymous said...

So sweet!

Em said...

Sounds like the store should consider a business arrangement with Monet. Word of mouth advertising can be a powerful thing! :)

Bobkat said...

Aw... what a great present. I loved my hobby horse when I was little. My mum made it from a broom pole and one of dads socks. Sge used buttons for eyes, adn then put a woollen mane on it and sewed on the rest of the face. I had so much fun playing with it adn I am sure Monet will too :-)