Thursday, February 15, 2007

Fun At Muddy's

With the lovely weather we had been having, after all that rain, yesterday my mother, Monet and myself ventured up to Muddy's Playground. We hadn't been up there for a few weeks and I know the last time Monet and I went, she had a wonderful time. She had an even better time yesterday.
Once upon a time, she would stand back, not eagar to really run through the wonderful water fountains, or touch them for that matter. She touch one, squeal, then run off, eagar to continue exploring. We'd be there for about half an hour.
Yesterday we were there for 90 minutes. And she still didn't want to leave. She spent the 20 minute walk home in the pram whinging! Urgh. But anyway...


...Monet had a terrific time, running from fountain to fountain, from play equipment to play equipment. Simply great fun to watch her and those little legs running around and lots of squeals of delight. She tried to get her Nanma to run around too but that wasn't going to happen. The run around part I mean. I think my mother enjoyed watching her grandchild having a blast.


I love to watch children there. The looks on their faces when they cop a water fountain in the face (the water stops and starts spasmodically) or when they run through the loops of water. I enjoyed watching a family of four Asian tourists there yesterday. The two boys with their 'Rip Curl' rashies on and their parents each with a camera and video camera, recording their moves. The thing was, the parents both had a can of XXXX Gold (beer) cans in their hands, and it wasn't even 11am. That made me smile even more...

As I mentioned before, the walk home was pretty memorable for all the wrong reasons. Boy my girl can whinge! (She gets moody just like me! Hehe, at least I can admit it!!)

I think the next time we venture up there, before my mother leaves next week, I will definitely be taking my own drinks and food. (Even though there is a cafe on site the prices are, well, pricey!) I think Monet will want to settle in at Muddy's for the day.

5 comments:

kimbofo said...

I think you mean 'eager' ? ;)

PS> Have you changed the size of your text? I can barely read it - very small.

LBA said...

That place looks awesome - I am going to check out the link .. although I think it will be too far North from where we'll be next week ...

Bummer !

Melody said...

Kimbofo - yeah I did mean eagar. Whoopsie. Well I actually changed the size of the text on January 1st - took you a while to notice it!!

H&B - yes it is a pretty awesome free water/play park for the kiddies. Your little one would love it.

Em said...

That looks like such a cool water park. I would have a good time there. But I do think you are rubbing it in just a bit...you in your water park while I'm here in a 14 degree freezer (wind chill right at zero)! :)

Marie said...

How fun!! It's great to see these pics when we're buried in snow (got about 20 inches the other day... I'll have to post some pics).

I'm surprised Monet goes in the stroller at all any more. Mine ends up carrying the diaper bag and my purse if we bring it anywhere!