Now we don't have to worry about the bank ringing up and asking for evidence of this and that. At least we had a good sort out of our papers and put them in order. And those old phone bills from 18 months ago are now thrown out. About time.
We took my mother to our (officially!) apartment for an inspection on Saturday. The tenants that were living there have now moved on, so the place looked bigger than it originally did. But awfully dull. Not as in natural light (there is an abundance of that!) but colour wise. There is none. The walls are white/creamish so we are looking forward to putting a splash of colour on some of the walls. Monet said she wanted a pink room the other day.
Then yesterday she said she wanted a green room.
I would like to paint a strip of 'blackboard' paint (ceiling to floor) near the kitchen so Monet can draw on it down the bottom and Lyndon and I can write notes up the top.
Anyway, now it is all rather exciting and we get to move in less than a months time. Saturday March 17th. Pencil that in your date books. You might want to lend us a hand. Hehe.
Whilst at our new suburb we visited the local pub for lunch and then had a frolic on the beach. To think that we can do that each day (not the pub thing - the beach thing I mean!) makes me even more excited. It truly is a lovely part of the world, our new local beach.
To celebrate our final approval, we went out for dinner last night. My mother took us to Mondo's - a lovely outdoor restaurant which is part of the Hilton Hotel. We sat partly indoors (it had been raining all day) and indulged in our meals which were all delicious. And we had a bottle of smooth tasting Semillon Blanc. Just lovely.
It's a pity you couldn't join us.
15 comments:
Consider yourself congratulated! It is so exciting and such a relief to get the final approval. And my jealousy is just soaring that you can go walk on the beach right from your new place!! That is just fabulous!
COngratulations!! I love the chalkboard idea...and am drooling jealous over the beach being so close!!
And it sounds like you had a wonderful day!! I am ready for a nice day like you've had today...I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!! :)
Hooray for you guys. I would love to come help you move, as long as I can frolick on the beach afterwards. My daughter painted the chalkboard pint in her son's room. It worked out really well.
Congratulations! The home buying process is so stressful that you are glad when you cna relax. Can't beleive that I have been through it 3 times and survived!
I am ceratin you will soon have the apartment looking like home - you must keep us updated! I am also sooo envious that you have a beach so close by. I know I would be on it every day.
Won't you be surprised when we all show up at your doorstep some day?
CONGRATS on the approval! Will there be green beer on March 17th at your new home?
Congratulations, I am very happy and excited for you!
I wish I'd been there too!
Congratulations! It looks like a gorgeous place to live.
Congrats to you and yours Melody!! Man 'o man that is exciting times! Take lots of photos :)
Isn't it great to have the pressure of making the purchase off your shoulders? Now on to the move itself! Life goes on..... :)
Em - I am sure where you live is a beautiful part of the world too. Don't be jealous. (But I can see why you might be! ;))
Delane - Cheers.
Jennifer - Thank you. Nothing worse of being sick and tired of being sick and tired!
Star - Oww, glad the chalk board wall worked. Gives me hope!
Bob-Kat - You've given me hope! Thanks...
Marie - You know you can come over for a visit. Monet and Little K will get along famously. And green beer? To be sure, to be sure. *wink*
Ms Mac - I'm sure you would have enjoyed being there with us. Especially at Mondos...
Kylie - Thank you.
Sarch - Yes, exciting times indeed. Getting the home loan was probably the biggest hurdle we've ever faced.
Your dinner sounds a lot better than my steak sandwich with the lot + a glass of (cask) chardonnay ! That's great news about getting the approval through. Congratulations :-)
ianh - I must say our dinner was very, very nice, along with the fancy wine which I will have to chase up to have again!
Congratulations, lucky ducks! What a day to remember. I remember the roller coaster month of buying our house, selling our condo. Stressful at the time, but happy memories.
Congratulations...I am very happy for you. Delane and Amy have the blackboard paint in there kitchen for the boys and I always liked that idea.
How did I get so behind here? I am not posting anymore until Sunday night so I can catch up with my friends, like you, that I seem to have gotten behind on!!!
I am so thrilled for you! If I lived closer, please know I'd be right there to help.
Going to the beach every day: I may yet move to your slice of the world. Rain and all, it sounds like heaven.
congrats !!
ha ha ! - did you get the blackboard idea from me ? We are still loving ours - so practical, and yet it looks good too, and fun for the younger set...
Post a Comment