Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Never Can Say Goodbye.

There are a few things in life I have dreaded.

Maths exams in Secondary school. In fact, any exam, or any test for that matter. Work, on a Sunday evening and knowing you had to get up early on Monday mornings (boy I hated those days!) . Knowing when I was pregnant with Monet, that I had to give birth to a known big baby.
Saying goodbye to family members at the airport. I dread that the most.

It is exciting when you know that someone is coming to visit, but then as soon as they arrive I know they have to leave.

Like my mother did this morning. Gee, I dreaded it.

But we were okay at the airport, her and I. And Monet. Monet gave my mother the biggest kiss and the biggest hug she had given her, since she arrived a fortnight ago.

"Bye Nanma!!" Monet said cheerfully, turning to wave to my mother as we walked off, while I sobbed.

Yeah, after all at what life has thrown at me, the thing I dread and have dreaded the most are goodbyes. Especially airport ones.

How about you? What do you dread?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It brings a tear to my eyes, I know what its like to leave you three

Kiki said...

Oh bloody hell, I've got tears streaming down my cheeks. I can just feel your pain, I hate goodbyes too. I take forever to say goodbye to someone, unless of course it's at the airport where you're on a timeline.

I hope you're feeling ok tonight and maybe enjoying a beer or two ;-)

Anonymous said...

Saying goodbye at an airport is always painful.

I also dread going to the dentist - which probably explains why I haven't been since 1984.

Melody said...

Marianne - at least we're all happy up here and not miserable. Leaving would be a different story then...

Kikimiss - you're hormonal!! Hehe (not long now hey?) Yes, I made a yummy dinner (will post the recipe on my other blog) and enjoyed a couple of beers.

IanH - I agree. With both comments from you.

Jennifer said...

I"m pretty simple...I dread the alarm going off in the mornings. I love summer when I'm not ruled by an alarm!

Marie said...

I'm the same way Melody... hugs!

Bobkat said...

Anything medical related adn also goodbyes. they can be so hard.

Hope you have got over this one.

Anonymous said...

Oh, sad. At least you had her there. I think it's harder to be left than to leave.

I dread public speaking. I have a bit of a shy streak in me that comes out at the worst times.

Anonymous said...

I ALWAYS dread flying when we travel. We both hate it so much, not just flying itself but the whole airport scene now, long lines, shoes off, cramped planes, knees in your back....all that stuff.
I remember the Sunday evening dread of work you spoke of....I count myself very lucky I don't have that anymore!

Anonymous said...

ps...sorry about your mom leaving you. I know that made you very sad.