Friday, February 09, 2007

Rest Assured...

...that the weather has been absolutely superb here today. Back to bright blue skies, a hot (hot) sun and not a cloud in the sky. Cyclone watch has been scrapped and Paradise is back to showing off. Cairns is a beautiful part of the world once more.

The supermarket shelves are brimming again, which is just as well. Even the produce in the supermarket looks appealing. Yum. But still, lucky we've got our ever faithful Rusty's around the corner. My mother went there this afternoon and came back with a bag full of tropical produce. Nice one.

Lyndon has flown down to Melbourne for the weekend. Our good friends (P&H) are getting hitched this weekend. Part of me wishes that I was going too, but I am happy to be here with my mother and my daughter.

We have had a good day today, visiting the new 'Smithfield' Centre, not far from where our new home will be. The beach at our new suburb was really showing off with golden sands and blue seas.

Life, well, its all good!

Have a great weekend everyone. I will be.

6 comments:

Bobkat said...

Sounds like you are having a fab time :-) Glad the weather is good and cyclone watch is off, phew! Can you beleive it's snowing here and it's freezing! It hardly ever snows in the South West of England!!

Em said...

Ah, the wonder of a beautiful day. I'm glad food is appearing again. Here, just testicle-freezing cold! Has not gone about 25 for a week now!

Anonymous said...

So nice to hear about your heat. It is cold, cold, cold here - so cold that they closed the school for 3 days. Hello, from Michelle

Michael K. Althouse said...

Life is indeed good. It sounds like a perfect weekend is in the works. It's raining here, but we needed it and it means snow in the mountains. It's about time!

Michele sent me here,

Mike

Anonymous said...

We don't have any of that warm sun around here right now so I'll just mentally borrow some of yours.

I'm glad the grocery shelves are once again stocked!

No one sent me....just visiting my online friend :)

Anonymous said...

I was reading a few entrys here on your blog, that's terrible about the roads, in the mountains here where I live there are a limited ways in & in ice storms etc the same thing has happened. I'm glad the stores are stocked up again though!
Here from Micheles.