...everyday. Bands of rain. That never seem to end. No wonder people say how lovely it is here in Winter. They are right. I have now lived through both a 'dry season' and a 'wet season' here now and I know what I prefer. In the wet season it isn't the humidity that gets to you it is the rain. (Can you believe it is coming up to a year since we moved up here?)
From 7pm last night to 9am this morning we had something like 33mm of rain, where as the rest of the country is in dire need of rain we have excess rain!. Whilst reservoirs across the country are nearing the lowest capacities, the Cairns main reservoir is 100% full. Can you believe that?
Bloody weather.
**UPDATE** Last night we had 100mm of rain. Non-stop heavy rain for 12 hours. Can you see why I am whinging? Hehe...
5 comments:
Hi, Michele sent me
I know how you feel about that weather. I grew up in the Philippines and they only have wet and dry seasons there too! That radar map doesn't look too good, though...
Extreme weather huh? Careful not to get waterlogged! :-)
It;s raining here too at the moment adn there is more rain on the way!
poof! went my comment!
You need to buy a raft....
The year sure has gone quickly!
How bizarre, it's not raining in Chillagoe ! Unlike last Thursday when our charter flight to Townsville was 15 hours late because of the storms (we left on Friday morning eventually)- not happy !
I loved the rain we had in Noosa .. and everything was so LUSH and GREEN ( words unheard of here in Vic. ).
Please send some rain. Then we'll all be happy :)
Post a Comment