Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Would My Feet Look Big In These?

I'm not one to bang on about shoes. Or am I? I think this will be my second post about shoes in a matter of weeks. Sorry about that.... But anyway...

I saw a girl today wearing a pair of these...
...and I really like them. A lot. But I think I'd prefer the Chocolate colour...



I'm not much of a Croc fan myself but on the right people they look good. (You look fine Muzza, I'm not talking about you!) They seem to make the wearers feet look gigantic and I don't have small feet, so I wonder if they'd make my feet look big? I might have to try a pair on me thinks...

I hate seeing tourists going through the bargain bins at $2 shops and buying bright pink ones and wearing them. Shocking. They really do look shocking. Someone should tell stocky middle-aged women that bright pink shoes on their swollen feet isn't a good look. Only little girls can get away with bright pink shoes on. (wink wink) I sound terrible don't I? At least I'm honest. If they want to buy a pair, go for a colour a little less glow-in-the-dark. I also hate seeing families all walking around with Crocs on. What's the big idea there? I mean, I have heard they are comfortable but to see a tourist family of five, walking the streets of Cairns all with the same Croc shoes on, bar the colours, isn't really a good look.

But then maybe I should shut-up because Lyndon and I walk around with our Birkenstocks on, but at least the colours and the styles are different!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes try a pair on, dont get fake ones, believe me i know. They are not as comfy.When i was up last we all walked around with birkenstocks on, well not Monet

Melody said...

Marianne - no, I won't, repeat, won't be buying any of those fake ones. Urgh. the colours in the fake ones are pretty revolting anyway... And you can only buy Mary Jane's in the Crocs brand anyway.

Jennifer said...

I love Birks so much...I just know I would love the Crocs as well, and they look so comfortable! I'm wirh you...I prefer the neutral colors...none of that hot pink stuff (although I have to admit the lime green ones look cute). I love the Mary Jane style!! I might need to get me a pair!

LBA said...

Do you have the hairy legs to match your Birks ? :)

Not a fan of either type, i'm afraid. Everyone was wearing thongs up in Noosa, and I hate those too.

But I am tempted to try on a pair of those Mary-Jane style crocs, as MJ's suit me .. so ???

Hmmm..

Melody said...

H&B - Hairy legs?? No!! Like you I hated Birkenstocks. Really hated them. Thought they were kinda wanky... But then we moved up here and I wanted something that was both dressy and casual and saw a pair of Birks that I actually liked! And now I live in them everyday. I used to be a big MJ fan too so I figure a pair of these new Croc style might be just the thing...

Kiki said...

*cracking up laughing at h&b* re the hairy legs comment...I am a Birks wearer too - the Gizeh style - they make your legs look "sexy" by the way.

And Melody, this just made me spit water across the kitchen island all over Miss A's dinner.."Someone should tell stocky middle-aged women that bright pink shoes on their swollen feet isn't a good look." Bloody funny girls today aren't we?!!!

Bobkat said...

They do look comfy! I think I would prefer the choc ones too. Darker colours should look smaller than lighter ones too!

Marie said...

Hahahaa! I don't have Crocs yet, but our little one LIVES in his in the summer. We had to hide them for the winter! Otherwise he'd want to wear them out in the snow!! His are red, which is cute on a little person.

Yes, the colors are "interesting." Out in Colorado (home of the Croc), entire towns wear them (not just entire families!)...

I stick with my Birks for now in summer. I'll probably get myself some Crocs eventually though. They'd be great for gardening.

ps -- I DO know why you wanted that other kind of Subaru.... ;-)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Not familiar with these particular shoes....though I have heard if crocs of course. You seem to have a very strict fashion sense...the do's and dont's sound rather limiting...LOL! Truth be told I have no interest in crocs but I will fight to the death anyone's right to buy them and wear them!
Hope you find a pretty pair!

Anonymous said...

I haven't bought any crocs because the styles just weren't me. (My friends love them) but the Mary Jane's....that I could do! I like those alot.