Saturday, March 31, 2007

Best of Both Worlds

I think Monet has the best of both worlds here in our new home. And why shouldn't she?

After all our dramas over her teeth (she hasn't complained about her 'sore mouth' since Monday!) she deserves to live in a happy, safe and fun environment and our new home is all that. Okay, she still gets a bit grumpy and moody (who doesn't?) but when Monet is sweet, she really is sweet. (But man, when she's grumpy, boy, does she get grumpy! Nanna can vouch for that!)

So we live less than a quick 10 minute walk down to the beach, where Monet has been enjoying 'making cakes' with her bucket and spade. Banana cakes have been popular down the beach, even though I think in Monet's lifetime I have only baked one banana cake so I don't know where she has got that idea from. Yesterday down the beach though, it was Chocolate cakes. Mmm...
We also live incredibly close to a new children's playground, which Monet thinks is wonderful. Except on Wednesday mornings. That's when the local young school children come over to use the play equipment and Monet's not too keen on sharing the swings with other kids... What more could a child want, the daily choice of the playground or the beach? If she's lucky she gets to do both. And if she isn't grumpy there is always our 'perfect' pool...

Yep, the best of both worlds. Right here. Care to join us today, on this gorgeous sunny, cloudless day? Which would you prefer to do? Beach? Playground? Or the perfect pool?

7 comments:

LBA said...

I agree - why share paradise ?!

I'd be pee'd off too ( I know whe hate it when we go to the park and it's full of THE OTHERS ;)

I love your new picture-taking styel - very creative :)

Em said...

Thank you for the invitation, Melody, I would LOVE to join you. My choice would be the beach. Such a view. The power and beauty of the ocean. The warm sand under my feet. Just heavenly.

Star said...

I am a each person myself, but havinga choice is always nice. You really do live in a paradise.

Bobkat said...

A beach on your doorstep? Nope not jealous at all! :-)

Maybe some of Monet's chocolate cake will make me feel netter?!!!

Kiki said...

We have the same luxuries Melody yet we're so far from each other. The beach is approx. 3 minutes walk and the park about 5 minutes, our park certainly isn't as "flash" as yours though. Colour makes a park I think, if you have boring grey, dark coloured swings and the like you've lost me.

You may not have made many banana cakes for Monet but baking is deep-rooted in her mind isn't it?!

Marie said...

A little of each would be great... Heaven. Just heaven!

Anonymous said...

You guys are SO lucky to live that close to a beach...you have your own little slice of heaven. It should be a great environment for Monet.