Last night, under her Fairy Doona cover, Monet slept in her own big bed. The whole night through. I generally don't post photos of Monet as you know, but I think I had to here. She's a lovely looking sleeper, even when she's pretending, don't you think?
So it took Monet ages to go to sleep. She was terribly excited about the 'Fairies' that would be watching over her as she slept. She has had the bed with that doona cover, in her room for a good 8 or so months and has never given a second glance at the $10 doona cover I had on her bed. But last night was really something else.
I've been building up all week the fact she was moving in to a 'big bed' from her cot this weekend. (We had decided that when we move we didn't want to set the cot up again.) She was very excited yesterday when I changed her room around (for one more time - I packed up a lot of her toys at the same time!) so I could easily get her into bed and also see her from the bedroom door if I needed to check on her. As soon as Lyndon walked in the door after work last night, she excitedly got him to look in her room and tell him that she was sleeping "under the fairies tonight!" It was good she was so enthusiastic about it all...
She slept from 10pm till 6:30am in her bed, without waking, without creeping out into our bed, without falling out of the bed! I was and still am thrilled. I had visions of her waking up at 2 am and sneaking into our room and cuddling up to me, but that didn't happen, until 6:30 but I don't mind that when it is that time.
My baby isn't much of a baby any more...
8 comments:
She looks like an angel Melody. I know what you mean about being torn by them growing up. It is bitter sweet. But to tell you the truth I have found each stage of my children's development to be even better than the last.
Just think, one day you will have a friend as well as a daughter. Life is great!
Aww - i'm with you. This age is so momentous, isn't it ? Not quite a baby, not quite a boy/girl.
I'm bittersweet about it myself ...
Oh that is a lovely post! Well done to Monet for staying put until daybreak..I love when they slip into the bed beside you. Mine does too with this huge smile, all the while not saying a word so she doesn't wake Daddy. It's very sweet.
She'll love her new big bed and bedroom at your new place. Is she having a fairies theme?
I cannot get my comment to post.
Let's try again.
I don't blame you for putting that one up. She looks like a tiny princess. A very lady like little girl. I know you must adore her. Her fairy covers are wonderful. I think you did a great job choosing those.
She looks adorable!! :) What a big girl!! Don't worry...she'll always be your baby :)
Ah, she's gorgeous and a happy sleeper. I wait for the day...
Aw...bless her :-)
It must be wonderful watching her grow. It's great that she loves her 'bug bed' so much.
Thanks for your kind words on my blog - they were very much appreciated.
Precious! And it's exciting that she sleeps on her bed! Our little one sleeps on the floor!! We have a toddler bed outfitted with Thomas the Tank Engine sheets & comforter... but he prefers the floor! So we pad it, and make it cozy there for him.... no worries of him falling at least.
Monet is so cute "pretending!"
Post a Comment