I bet you've never had a hug from Bono.
I have.
Or from The Edge.
I have.
Or got a hug from an egg. Or a television. I have. Thanks to Monet.
She can be such a laugh sometimes. She is definitely a card my girl.
Each time I speak to my parents or get a text message off my father, they always say "Give Monet a hug from us". So I do. And Monet hugs me back. Big time hug. Not one of those wussy hugs. I'm talking bear hugs. And boy, are they lovely!
The the fun starts. Her eyes dart around the room looking at items she can see.
"This is from the computer", she'll say as she bear hugs me. She lets go, the eyes dart around the room again.
"This is from the oven". Another hug. And another loud laugh from me.
Then I suggest she goes and gives Lyndon Dad (which is what she calls him) a hug. So she goes over to him.
"This is from Grandad" she tells him whilst hugging him. Terrific, just what Lyndon wants, a hug from MY father!! And of course I'm sitting on the couch laughing in hysterics.
She'll come over to me and it starts all over again. She even included family members in her hugs, which is nice. So this week I have been hugged by my Nanma and Grandad (my parents), Nanna and Poppy (Lyndon's parents), Kim (my sister) and a gang of rock stars (The Edge and Bono included).
I love a big hug, I always have and I always will. How about you?
7 comments:
What a hoot. I can just picture her working herself into a hug-giving frenzy.
I DO enjoy giving hugs but I'm really not a very good hug giver. About the only people I hug on a regular basis are my wife and both boys. I've got to admit I'm glad that even my 18 year old son isn't stingy on hugging the old man when he comes back home from school.
Sarch - that is sweet. I hope Monet continues to be a hugger through out her life...
Absolutely!! That is very sweet. It made me smile just reading it. We have a very good little hugger here too. I hope he always wants to give hugs!
Monet is such a hip kid - giving hugs from U2!!! LOL!
Hugs make my day. I don't get enough.
At our house we always say "there's nothing like a CP hug"
Marie - I'm glad I made you smile!! I bet Little K is a terrifc hugger...
Bob-Kat - yeah, U2 are popular here in this household. Monet loves them. True.
Star - I'm sure there is nothing like a CP hug!!
The more I read the more I think that you are a very lucky lady with a very precious little girl. She seems to have such a big heart.
Okay how did I get so behind in my visits? I need more Blog time!!!
Post a Comment