...And we write on the tape, not on the box, in case we have to use those boxes again.
I've been packing at least one big box a day and we are slowly getting through it all... I can see ourselves this time next week eating off paper plates and using plastic cutlery because I would have packed up the whole kitchen!! And we'd still have a week to go before we move!!
Since going out with Lyndon, coming up to 11 years in June, this will be our 10th move together and Monet's third (and she's not even 3 yet!).
I think that Packing tape dispenser will probably get a fair bit of work out in years to come as I know what we are like. But then things may change, considering we are moving into our 'own' place this time and not renting!! (Yippee!! We still can't believe it.) And if we do happen to move, the company Lyndon works for will be paying for removalists to pack and move our stuff anyway (like they did with our Melbourne to Cairns move), so maybe we don't need to hold onto that tape dispenser after all. Heehee...
Over the past 10 years, how many house moves have you made?
10 comments:
Over the past 10 years? That's an easy one.....two! We moved from an apartment to a rental house for three years and then 7 years ago we bought the house we live in now.
My wife and I talk about moving again from time to time but we find ourselves reticent to move before our youngest flys the coop.
Writing on the tape instead of the box is a great idea!
Oh yeah...Michelle says hi, but I kind of ripped you off because I would have come anyway - sorry about that :(
We've moved once in that period. Actually, it's been exactly 10 years (coincidence!)
We're hoping to move again soon. A bigger house would be nice.
We've moved three times...and I hope we'll stay in this house...we plan to. It has everything we need...it could be a little bigger, but when there are five children no house ever seems big enough :) It's fine for us! :)
Enjoy your packing...
You are soooo organised!
That is an awful lot of moving so you have certainly had the practise! I wish you loads of luck for your move. It will be so much nicer for you this time as it will be your own place.
Oh, the tape gun is a must!
Past 10 years... hmm. I think 2 or 3 times. I've been in my house for 6+ years, but did a bit of moving before then.
Happy packing!
In the last 10 years....one move. And that was one too many. I love our house, but I hate moving. And if we ever move again, YOU are coming to help. You are just way too organized! LOL
Geez ! - that's huge !
People think we're mad, and we've nothing on you.
Letsee ... hmmm ... 5 times.
People were most impressed with the cleaning, marketing and selling of one home the week I got out of hospital with a new baby !
Sheesh - madness !
Lets see - 10 years ago was 1997 - I was in Melbourne, where I moved 3 times, then back to Brisbane where I moved 3 times the first year, 2 times then next year, 1 time the next year - and I moved here last year.
That makes it 10 also!!! But there was about 6 years in 1 spot!!!
And hey - those dispensers are indispensible (lol) - last year was also moving time for my parents (first time in 40 years) and my sister and you really get a sense of power and entitlement from it!!!
28 moves in the last ten years! That's ridiculous.
Post a Comment