Our move went very smoothly indeed on Saturday. I would never do a moving job by myself ever again (we did that a few years ago and it was terrible and never ending!), removalists are definitely the way to go. It also helps to be pretty organised as we were, with our large packing boxes all packed and waiting by the Friday night.
We did two car loads of 'bits and pieces' on Friday, after the settlement of this property. We mainly took Monet's loose toys and pantry goodies on the Friday, which I think stressed Monet out a little by the Friday evening. She definitely was not herself - we figured it was a big (BIG) combination of a toothache (owch!) and thinking she was moving out without us (because most of her goodies were now at our new home and not at our city apartment). We got her to sleep in bed with us to calm her (trust me, she was all over the place the poor little button!)
Saturday morning the big move began at 8am. We were all moved by midday to our new abode. Phew.
This place is more spacious than we first thought which is terrific. Monet's room has all her toys in it (rather than them being all over the apartment like in our last home!) including her big Dora Cubby. She has been sleeping wonderfully too, all night in her bed. That's a big bonus. Lyndon and I got a new bed delivered on Sunday and we've told her she's not allowed to sleep in it during the night. Maybe that's why she's been sleeping well. Who knows.
Here's how my new kitchen is looking....

The worst thing about moving though, is that you always have your 'old' place to clean. Anyone who rents knows this. It is seriously the pits. You're all excited that you're in a new place but you still have to go and clean your old place. (We need our bond back!!) We gave the place a bit of a wipe down (I had already cleaned the bathrooms and the kitchen was extremely clean as I did them last week) on Sunday. As we couldn't be bothered cleaning the tiled floors and the windows, we hired cleaners to do the place yesterday. How easy. I hope they've done a good job (Lyndon will check - he actually got the cleaners from his workplace to do it)So yep. Here we are. All happy, bar someones tooth, but that's being fixed tomorrow. (And that's an entirely different post!!)
9 comments:
That's awesome that you're all moved in...and the house looks big and bright and sunny...I love it!! I'm so thrilled for you! :)
Congratulations on a successful move. Moving is such a big deal...can be very stressful....it is so nice when it goes smoothly and then is behind you.
Congratulations Melody!!!
Yeeeehaw, the move is behind you. Now to settle in and enjoy the new digs.
I'll bet Monet will enjoy having more room to romp. Are there any other little ones nearby to be new friends?
Hooray! Very pleased to hear that things went smoothly for you and that you are all settled in your new home.
That kitchen looks perfect for all your cooking with Monet - looking forward to hearing all about your times ahead in your new place!
Wonderful. You seem very settled already.
I can't belive you've only got one box left ?!?!?
I own not much, and i've still got shite unpacked from 9months ago !!
And yea, on the bond thing. I hired guys only the once, on my last home before BUYING an abode ( much like you ). They did a really crappy job, and the R/E agent complained :(
It was truly awful to be on my hands and knees, in a business suit, at 10pm at night, righting the wrongs so I could get my bond back.
Thank God those days are over.
I hope you have better luck !!
Hey, you're back! Glad you have the move behind you. I hope you're having fun getting settled into your new place.
Excellent! All that counterspace is the best! Happy settling in to your new home...
Unpacked already! That's so efficient.
Fortunately I don't have to worry about cleaning a rental house again. Just our bathroom, which really needs a good clean. I'm holding out and hoping Matt'll do it for once!
Post a Comment