Yep. Meat Pie on a Pizza.

The very thought makes my stomach churn. If I want a meat pie, I'd go and buy a meat pie. I wouldn't want it as a Pizza topping.
Some bright spark from Domino's Pizza in Australia thought it was a good idea and apparently has spent over $3,000,000 marketing it.
The pizza topping is made up of minced beef, gravy, mozzarella cheese, onion, fresh tomato, peas, shortcrust pastry and finished off with a swirl of tomato sauce. I'll stick with my regular toppings on my pizza and my regular meat pie thanks.
Have you heard or seen of any disgusting pizza toppings lately in your part of the world? (But then, it is probably hard to top (geddit?) the Meat Pie Pizza!)
6 comments:
That sounds awful! I don't think we have any disgusting toppings over here as such, though I really am not au fait with baked beans on pizzas. That might just be me though as I hate baked beans!
This is funny to read considering we had pizza for dinner tonight (gourmet, mind you). I chose camembert and chilli jam - I could eat it every day at the moment.
When I first saw the ad on TV I almost vomited on the spot, I actually thought I was watching a comedy show and it was a joke!!
Us "Aussies" really are revolting :-)
That's grose.
Has Lyndon eaten one yet? ;)
I dunno. There's something that makes me want to at least try it... ;)
But we don't eat 'chain' pizza anyway, so chances are slim. We have the best pizza parlour down the road, and that's saying something, as I don't like pizza !
My fave has goat's cheese and zucchini on it, among other things - yummm !
$3 million?! There's something wrong in this world when somebody can spend that much promoting pizza, and a meat pie one at that. Ugh, no thanks.
I might have to try this sometime, I rather like peas but I've never had them on a pizza. Mind you, I'm used to vomitous pizza, my ex-wife used to use tinned spaghetti as a topping sometimes...
Post a Comment