But not this week.
Monday and Tuesday morning it was 6:30am.
Today was just after 6am.
I don't really mind that much, being up at that hour. I used to start work at 6am (so I was up at 5am) for many years, so as I said, I don't really mind that much.
Especially when you are greeted to the day with this view out of my kitchen window...
...and this view off our back balcony... (I love these birds! - I hope you can spot him)
Ahh...ain't life grand? (but still hoping Monet rises a little later tomorrow! *fingers crossed*)
What time do you usually get out of bed?
13 comments:
I could have written your post today - SNAP !
Ditto on all of it, including the daddy-times. And yes, we've been up at 6.30am here too ( it would be earlier if I permitted !! )
BUT ..
In winter, when it's dark and cold outside, we'd sometimes sleep in until around 9.30am .. mMMmm ;)
I wonder if it will be the same this year ?
Eurgghh! We get up at 6am most weekday mornings as well. It's nice sometimes but mostly.......
Well, I'm not much of a morning person.
I had trouble finding those girds...it's my eyesight I'm afraid...
Well, I don't go to sleep till 4am sometimes, so I will get up between 9am and 9:30am....And my sleep is always interupted. But I'm used to it, so...It's okay with me. And I have never needed a HUGE amount of sleep...!
Miss A used to be the longest sleeper ever. Then all of a sudden it changed (probably around Novemeber last year). It almost killed me as I loved sleeping in. Some days it was nice to be up early and I think it is the most beautiful time of day but I suppose I just got used to those nice sleep-ins. She needs to teach her baby sister some lessons on sleep. Ha ha, I know, I know she's only four weeks old tomorrow. I have VERY high expectations.
Days like today I was in until 8 trying to catch up some Zs I lost on vacation. I like to be up by 7 so my day goes better. And often I will just get up at 6ish if I wake and it is a beautiful day for some quiet time...but that is a rarity!
I'm most definitely not a morning person. Oh no. I usually get out of bed at about 9am. In my defence I do work untl 9.30 some evenings and by the time I get to bed after my shower, dinner and a bit of relaxin gin the lounge it's normally gone midnight.
When I do get up earlier I am very appreciative of the peacefulness and the general ambience - probably 'cos I don't experience it very often.
Pretty, Melody! What kind of bird is that?
We're usually up by 7 here, but sometimes I try to get up earlier & do some work before anyone else is up. But that's been backfiring on me lately! A little someone hears me go downstairs & must follow on Mommy's heels!! I like the early morning hours myself -- especially when I get to have a little time to myself then. (rare right now!)
Our gang is split in half. Two early risers, Amy and Jackson. And two that like to wake up slowly, and late. That would be Ben and I. Amy is up everyday at 4:30. Jackson wakes around 5:30-6:30. I wake up just before 7, except for weekends when I get to sleep later. Ben wakes up last, usually not long after I do. but if it's a day where I can stay in bed with Ben, we could sleep for hours and hours extra. Good luck tomorrow, hope you get to sleep in a little later.
Marie - it is a Rainbow Lorikeet, from the Parrot family. They are so gorgeous and pretty colourful...
2-2.5 hours before I need to leave the house! I need lots of time in the mornings simply to wake up - the first half hour I'm an utter zombie. But two hours later I'm more awake than anyone else starting work at the same time, for instance. It's not a problem - I just enjoy the quality alone-time.
Recently I've been getting up at six thirty, to leave at eight thirty, and start work at nine. I don't yet know my new schedule for my new job, though.
Five to 5 when I'm at work, trying to be chirpy at that time of the day can be very trying. I get to lie in until 6.30 or so when I'm on break, magic.
5:00 AM...up and at 'em...in the shower (remember to keep it short and save the hot water for the wife to follow)and then on to breakfast.
These pictures are killing me. People actually live like this?!
Lucky, lucky you!
Post a Comment