Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Hair Fixed

Monet had her hair cut, or "hair fixed", (as she says) yesterday, for the first time. I know, I wish I could go 2 years and 9 months without visiting a hairdresser!!

It was so cute to see her sitting all propped up in the chair, sipping away at the offered juice and nibbling on the two biscuits given to her. Just like a real grown up...










She had that worried look on her face the whole time her hair was being attended to.

"I'm okay" she reassured me. But when she says that, I know she is reassuring herself... (Her hairdresser thought it was hilarious!)
After cutting, the hairdresser sprayed her hair with 'princess sparkles' which left a layer of 'sparkles, glitter' all through her hair, (and hands and face and legs) much to Monet's delight. Hmm. It did look pretty cute though.
My hair is now due for a cut, since Monet's new 'do' looks so neat and tidy against mine.
When was the last time you visited the Hairdressers? And did it cost you A$9 like Monet's did?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need a haircut, too. And my girls just got haircuts last week. They love getting hair-cuts.

LBA said...

I wish my boy loved a haircut - he's getting ratty-looking again.

He only likes it when Mummy ( me ) cuts it, but there are rules.

He MUST sit in the purple plastic hair, and it must be done at this *exact* location at the back of the yard, where his hair falls into the grass.

Which is fine.
Except it will be winter soon... and won't that be fun, snipping out there in the rain & cold ;)

Unknown said...

I recognise that worried look - it's the same as mine whenever I go to the hairdresser's.

Unknown said...

Ah, and I also meant to say that I pay €10 for a hair cut, which is about £7. Much better than what I was paying in Cardiff and the cut's better too - anothe rgood thing about living here - in fact, come to think of it, it may have to go on my blog!

Marie said...

Too cute!!! Monet's first hair cut?

That's about what I pay for K's cuts. He's had some really BAD cuts, so I found one who is great with him & does an excellent cut and I've followed her around town since...

Me? I go about every 7 weeks... am going tomorrow, in fact! I pay a lot more for my cuts.

Kiki said...

Miss A got her hair cut for about the 12th time two weeks ago at exactly the same spot as Monet - I can tell in the picture where it is, BUT I paid $12.95 for it (incl. sparkles) I don't know what the extra $3.95 got me though.

I had my hair done last Thursday elsewhere, it was $165.00 (base colour, foils, wash, toner, blowdry and straightened) and that bloody hurt me. Glad it looks fabulous!

Bobkat said...

Awww! Her first hair cut. Such a big occasion. I love the serious expression on her face and I bet she just loved the sparkles :)

$9 huh? I had my hair done last week and it cost me £105!!! That was for a cut and colour though. I like to be more blonde for the summer.

Anonymous said...

First cut, wow, that's a big deal. I'm glad it went smoothly. I only get a trim every 3 months or 3 years or so, I'm not sure when the last one was. About 3 months ago I think, and I do believe it was $9.

Anonymous said...

She looks like she is trying to be so brave in that chair! She is just too cute. I love getting mine done, it is normally every 8 weeks when I wear it long like it is now....less if it is shorter. But $9....I might could get one highlight I suppose!