Friday, May 18, 2007

Mini Me... (well, kinda)

The older Monet gets, the more independent and helpful she seems to be getting. And the more she copies me too. I am now more aware of my actions and what I say than ever (ever) before...

At 2 years and 8 months of age she basically baked her first cake alone yesterday, with only me measuring out the ingredients. She mixed it together wonderfully. The result of her Banana Bread was delicious and you can view the recipe here....


She now loves to independently paint masterpieces (yes, I have my very own Monet watercolour hanging up!) and gluing things to paper is a favourite past time of hers.

As helpful as she sometimes is, gee, sometimes it can be a little painful, but I don't say anything to her, I let her be. Because her latest burst of 'helpfulness' is helping me hang out the washing. (Don't forget we live in an apartment and use a fang-dangle clothes horse to hang out our clothes.)


She copies me flat-chat when hanging out the clothes. I tend to give the wet items a firm shake before hanging on the 'line' (saves me ironing most things!). Monet tries to do the same. It's pretty amusing to watch. She then grabs a peg and tries her hardest to stick it on the wet item. She found her own solution to pegging out items though. I wonder if you can spot it on this item of clothing she stuck on the 'line' this morning...


...the peg is upside down. She's a thinker!
That's my girl.

9 comments:

carmilevy said...

What a precious glimpse of a little girl growing up. She'll cherish these as she gets older.

You're such a great Mom.

LBA said...

My boy helps me hang out the washing too ... i'm secretly relieved when he doesn't want to "help ... mummy"

Because I have to peg awful fast if I dont want stuff dragged in the dirt ....

Star said...

Too cute for words. Just so you know, this helpful phase will disappear as she approaches her teenage years. Enjoy it now!

Anonymous said...

The banana bread looks delicious. And I love the pictures of her helping with the laundry. And I love the last picture with the clever solution.

Cas
she's lucky to have a mother who enjoys her so.

Bobkat said...

Wow - she baked her own cake?! Might have a chef in the making there!

Em said...

Enjoy all the help now. In my experience, they get older and then they just want to sit in their rooms and listen to music and talk on the phone.

Anonymous said...

How funny.....bet she thinks she's "just like Mom". Bet you're proud.

Hey flipping the clothes pin shows a lot of resourcefullness!

Are ya'll still enjoying your new apartment?

Anna said...

Great shots of your daughter and I LOVE that HUGE clothespin! :) Thanks for all your nice comments on my blog. I enjoy hearing from you.

Anonymous said...

Monet really is a bright child...how awesome she can bake a cake now with little help! Love the picutures as always.