Thursday, June 21, 2007

About Time

Early this afternoon, Monet and I wandered down the beach, the first time in a couple of weeks. It was also the first time in a couple of weeks that it hasn't rained! It was also 'seasonally' warm but we were still out wearing long sleeves and long pants, we don't want to go overboard with the possible glimpse of 'dry season' weather now do we?


I thought the sky looked wonderful and the cloud formation a little bizarre... It was really still out there and grey, but so clear. I could see the mountains clearly in the distance and Double Island off Palm Cove felt really close.


I even wrote our names in the sand.



As you do.

It was nice to breathe some fresh sea air again. I've missed our beach. Stay away rain.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks very peaceful.

I enjoyed writing names in the sand last year with my niece - it just has to be done!

Em said...

It is such a beautiful beach!

Anonymous said...

How I love walking in the sand and it feels like forever since I've done it. Though it was February I still cannot wait to get back to the ocean! Great photos!

Bobkat said...

I would so love to be walking along a beach as lovely as that one right now. You are so lucky to live so close to the ocean :)

Marie said...

Glorious. Looking at these pictures makes me want to bury my feet in the sand right now!