This is going to sound ridiculous. I know. I grew up in rural Victoria and lived in Melbourne for a good 12 years. I know cold. I know freezing cold. I know all about winter mornings and cold snaps. I know all that.
But when it hits 12 degrees Celsius overnight in the tropics of Cairns - man, THAT is cold. To us, it felt like it was about minus 2 degrees. We even tried to see if our air-conditioners are reverse-cycle. They're not. There is (usually) no need for heaters up here. It is unheard of to have such cool weather in the evening.
Even the current 21 degrees seems chilly. We've all got long pants and long sleeves on today. I'm sitting here with a sniffly nose.
The weather is doing bizarre things across this continent.
I can't wait till Friday evening when the low is meant to be back to 21 degrees.
6 comments:
Ha ha ha ha - we jinxed ourselves by bringing up the clothing last week, Melody!
Very chilly here, too.
Almost overcoat weather (in the mornings and evenings, anyway)
BRING ON FRIDAY!!!
Bah! You've been spoilt for too long. Try an Asturian winter ;-)
Wow you need to live in Virginia for a while. Though it is very hot here now, around 90 all week but 60s at night which is great. But I imagine that is cold to you with what you're used to. I know I've been in the Bahama's when it hit the 50s and I thought I would freeze.
It's amazing how quickly your body forgets what 'real' cold is isn't it? LOL! But I guess it's all relative adn depends on what you get used to :) The weather has been quite bizarre over here tooo this year.
Yes, it was darned cold there for a couple of days, 10 up here one morning. It has warmed up a bit now thankfully but next time I come up I'm bringing a jacket with me.
Post a Comment