Thursday, June 28, 2007

Soaring Spirits

We haven't seen this for absolutely ages...


Blue skies.
I mean it. It is the 'dry season' up here in the tropics, (they only have 2 seasons up here, no autumn, winter, spring or summer, only 'dry' and 'wet'), and it is the first time in many, many weeks since we've had a clear blue, cloudless sky. I'm used to waking up and looking miserably out the window and seeing grey clouds. No blue skies in sight. So today was a nice surprise. This is what the 'dry' season is meant to look like. Every day. From May till Novemeber.

Do you realise how much looking outside, lifted my spirits this morning? And Monet's too for that matter.

"Blue sky, blue sky", she squealed along with me.

In celebration, we went on a picnic lunch. Just Monet and I, across the road in the park.


Monet discovered the joys of a picnic lunch last week, when we had one indoors (complete with rug, teddies, and plastic ware!)

But today's picnic was much nicer. The sun was shining, the birds were singing and we enjoyed drinking out of our plastic cups and eating off our plastic plates. We ate the Turkish Bread I baked yesterday (even if it was a bit stale) along with kabana, cheese and freshly shaved ham. We finished off by eating one of these each too.


We had a nice time eating, playing ball, chasing birds, collecting (huge) dried gum leaves, looking at the grass (!!) and chatting away to each other, as Monet and I tend to do.


I hope you've had a lovely day today, as we currently are.

Ahh...my serotonin levels must be refilled.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh, blue sky, luycky, lucky you. And good food to go with it. Still cloudy over here. Matt predicted this morining that it was set in for the summer - can you tell he's not an optimist?!

jeanie said...

Gorgeous weather here too - and we only had about a week of the rain stuff!

Have you a good pide recipe?

lorenzothellama said...

Glad the weather is picking up. Still awful here. Cold, windy and rainy. And this is June, too.

Updated my blog to put the record straight about what a wimp I am!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful. Hope you get a few more blue sky days.

Anonymous said...

We have been having lovely weather. Very hot but lovely except for the quick afternoon thunderstorms from all the humidity and heat.

Glad you girls were able to get out and enjoy some sunshine for a change. Monet really seems to have had a growth spurt. I liked the ones below of her being a photographer too!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Sounds like a BEAUTIFUL day and with two faboulos goodies included in your picnic...That Turkish Bread and Chocolate Chip anything...(lol)...YUM!

Marie said...

Hooray!!! There is nothing like blue sky and sunshine. Nothing like it. Soak it in!