Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Apprentice

Lyndon has been busy for the past few weekends building an outdoor BBQ area on our balcony. It is looking rather splendid and Lyndon's carpentry skills are really shining through, as he is a qualified carpenter!

He got his hands on some gorgeous 'latte coloured' stone which was measured and cut and carefully put in place. He has been cutting boards to put underneath the bench space and our BBQ now has pride of place in the center of the benches. It's looking really good and when it is finished I'll make sure I post a photo for you all to see.

But this post was named 'The Apprentice' for another reason. And no, it has nothing to do with Donald Trump and his hair.

"You've made lots of crumbs daddy!" Monet told Lyndon on Sunday afternoon, as Lyndon was busy pre-drilling holes in the timber slats.

"You want to help me?" Lyndon asked his daughter.

She was very excited to be sitting there, not only watching her daddy doing some blue-collared labour, but she helped him by handing him the correct screws as he put the slats in place.


It was a very important job.

I think Lyndon was tickled pink having his 2 3/4 year old daughter out there helping him, because, well, I wasn't going to do it... I'm just looking forward to the finished product!

7 comments:

Tracey Petersen said...

They do so love to help and feel important at this age!

Bobkat said...

I can remember helping my dad in exactly the same way :) I bet she was so pleased to be helping him - and such an important role too! :)

Marie said...

Go Monet! And Lyndon!!! Too cute. That will be AWESOME!

LBA said...

That is so cute.

Our helper helps with EVERYTHING, which can be a bit annoying ( like when he wants to chop the veges ;)

But I just can't say no, so dinner takes twice as long to make :)

We don't take naps either - dropped them at 2yrs old. He's good at night, quiet, reads. He just likes to stay up late, my mini-me :)

Anonymous said...

I guarantee you that Lyndon was LOVING that time with Monet. Those are the times a daddy never forgets.....never.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute,And making crumbs is so funny.

Michele said...

The picture is adorable and as you know I think everything Monet does is adorable. I shall now claim the "making crumbs" expression whenever I see wood shavings.

However, it is obvious that she is still a very young girl, and older girl (like you or I) would know to NEVER offer help. No good can ever come of that.