Sunday, July 22, 2007

Dinner on the Inlet

I've been lucky enough to some things that I would never have been able to afford to do,(ie. stay at Dunk Island), thanks to the company Lyndon works for. Saturday night was no exception. We cruised Trinity Inlet (which Cairns lays alongside) on a luxurious catamaran with a buffet dinner (including seafood which I don't touch!) and all the alcohol you could drink (including champagne which I guzzled *heehee*). And yes, children were invited.


When we arrived we sat upon the deck and watched the sunset over Cairns which was lovely. Yep, it is a hard life to be able to relax, sip champagne and watch the sunset.

Down underneath the deck it was nice and warm (it was rather chilly outside) with set out tables, a 3 piece band, a bar (very important that!) and a sprawling buffet cart with loads of hot food, salads and seafood. I have never seen so many people dive into oysters and prawns like they were going out of fashion. I think I might have been the only person who didn't put either on my plate! True.

Monet had a wonderful night dancing away to the band with some little friends and some big ones too!


She enjoyed playing with other children and being awfully cute with one of our friends daughter who is 11 months younger than Monet. (Monet tends to 'mother' little Zali - it's hilarious!)

The three of us ended the evening (we left the boat at about 10pm) by going up to the 11th level of Harbour Lights with some of our closest friends (whom Lyndon works with), as one couple were staying there for the night in the hotel section. It was nice to see Cairns from up high at night...

Monet fell asleep in the taxi on our way home at about 11pm.
It was a great evening, bar the fact that it was with 'work people' (you know what I mean?) but never the less, I shall not complain. After all, we probably would not have gone out for dinner like that if it wasn't for his work company...

4 comments:

Kiki said...

Love a junket myself, glad you all had a good time. Did *you* get a chance to dress up and look all fancy?

LBA said...

What a great night !!
Love the piccies you've taken, gorgeous !!

I like work people :)
The people from my last work I liked so much, most of us have all remained close friends even though we've mainly all moved on !!

:)

Anonymous said...

One of my best friends is a girl I worked with for 11 years. This looks like a very nice hook up from his company! I loved the views...great pictures. I can only imagine how pretty things are there at night.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Sounds like a great evening out--Good Food, Good Dancing, and Fine Company! AND, a cab home....It looks so very beautiful there in Cairns.