Thursday, July 19, 2007

I Knew We Could...

For those of you waiting with baited breath to see how the whole 'One Day Potty Training' went, well, I think I can say that yep, we did it!! We are one happy little household here presently. I knew she could do it. I knew it. I think I knew it.

Yesterday involved 6 potty successful trips with only 1 accident (too busy watching bloody Dora!) This morning I checked her 'pull-up' nappy and it seemed as if there was only one wee in there. Good. Today she has been 3 times to the potty successfully. No accidents yet. And I don't think there will be one*.

This morning I drove to one of the local shopping centres (or malls for you US folks), thinking that this was going to be a tester for Monet. I asked her a couple of times when she was there if she needed to use the potty. NO was the stern answer I got back.

So we were away from home for about 2 hours and returned home to...dry undies! Yippee. She did very well.

Ahh, the joys of toilet training...

And because you read this post, you get presented with this image of me (as a baby) with my older sister and my 'hippy' dad (It was 1973 afterall!). Hee hee...

*Spoke too soon. I was just presented with a pair of undies with 'number 2' in them. Charming, I know. Nobody is perfect.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photo of you all in 1973.

Looks like you'll need more practice with those raisins!

BreadBox said...

Ah... those potty training days. We had it double, a year ago: Boo, 4, was finally ready to acquiesce to being potty trained: she had been working on it for months, and it was just about there. And her little brother, Skibo, not quite having turned 2 at the time, decided he would beat her to the punch. And he did: he potty trained himself at 21 months, in a day.

Of course, now we just need to get him to stop wetting the bed once a week:-)

Visiting down the line from Michele's special one-day comment....

N.

Marie said...

Oh that is great news, Melody! Hopefully she'll get the #2 in the bowl soon... it's a big adjustment for them. I'm still giving a "treat" for #2 in the pot (I think he's a bit afraid of the #2, but the treat seems to help!).

That pic is SO sweet. Monet really does look like you!!! Cuties.

Bobkat said...

Eugh! All part of the joys of motherhood being presented with things like that!

Still, it sounds like she is doing very well and what a good girl for going all the time at the Mall and staying dry!

Great pic BTW though you seem a little surprised! :)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a WONDERFUL picture of you, my dear Melody....It is truly delightful!

Monet did very very well! As you say, nobody is perfect and to think that she did as well as she did in just one day....AMAZING!
Potty Training...I know we all went through it ourselves, but I have no memory of it...Probably just as well...! (lol)

Thanks for your lovely comment...And I do have a grilliant camera, but I also have a brilliant eye...LOL! Well, that sounds so terrible....But I do believe one can have the most Brilliant Camera and take lousy pictures! It's what one "see's" and then can translate with this fabulous invention! Anyway, I thank you very much...I know I get great joy from creating pictures, especially of thibfs in nature. There is nothing like it!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL..."THINGS" in nature!

Michele said...

What wonderful Monet news! Of course, no one is perfect, although she does come very very close. Yes, I know these things.

You were adorable. Now I know why Monet is. And, is that THE reading girl beside you? Yes, of course it is. What a wonderful picture.

Thank you so much sweetie for contributing to the Michele Wants to Win comment game. Hugs...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you're getting close. Awesome photo too.

(You get some pretty famous blog comments!)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL, LOL...Well...I don't know about "brilliant" but like I said, I think I have a pretty good eye, and a love of the "art"...!
Now that Monet has had another day to get used to the potty...How did she do?

Anonymous said...

Well it sounds like progress is being made, so congrats are still in order!

Anonymous said...

My dad looked like that in 73 too except he had bigger curlier hair! But weren't they cool? Great picture.

Sounds like things are definately on their way to being completely trained. Congrats!