Monday, July 02, 2007

Spoilt

I got a big surprise on Friday afternoon when Lyndon came home earlier than usual presenting me with these...


They are very gorgeous and I felt very lucky to receive such a beautiful bunch of flowers!

We decided to go and have a couple of drinks down at our local pub, which overlooks the Coral Sea with an outlook of palm trees when you sit out on the huge enclosed deck. You need to get there early to actually get a table on a Friday night so we considered ourselves fortunate to actually get a table on the deck!

When we left, some 1 hour later, we went home via the 'Bottle shop'. We needed champagne didn't we? After all, it is not everyday you celebrate 11 years of togetherness is it?

And for those of you who wondered, yep, we bought a bottle of Moet. And enjoyed it. Immensely.



And what do you do when you polish off a bottle and feel like just one more drink? You go and buy another, but shh, don't tell anyone!!


In case you were wondering, we both woke up feeling 100% so my theory of drinking expensive champagne not giving you hangovers is true. In our case anyway!! Also, the 2nd bottle survived being open for 24 hours (we only had another glass each on the Friday night) and on Saturday night when I poured myself a glass it had retained its fizz and was just as nice as it was on the previous night, so of course it was worth every cent!

8 comments:

jeanie said...

Happy anniversary - and may you have many Moets in your future together!!

Ms Mac said...

Such beautiful flowers!

You're right about good champagne! Well worth the dough.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Sounds utterly DELIGHTFUL! And how nice that the Champagne was not only delicious but aso left you feeling wonderful! And the next day, too!
BEAUTIFUL Flowers, my dear...And a HAPPY HAPPY Anniversary, once ahain!

Kiki said...

I think I know what is now your drink of choice ;-)

All the best for many more wonderful years together..you sound very happy.

Anonymous said...

What pretty flowers...and you're right about good champagne. I love it!!!

Bobkat said...

How lovely! The flowers are just gorgeous and that is a fabulous photo of them. Glad you enjoyed the Champers adn didn't suffer for your indulgence either :)

MaR said...

Happy anniversary!!! coming over from Michele's as I saw your comment after I left mine and I was curious. Because I was watching the full moon rise over the Med and you watched it too, only somewhere else!
have a lovely day. Cheers! There is always a reason to drink champagne!

Delane said...

Congratulations. The flowers are beautiful.