Melbourne greeted Monet and I with a chilly 12 degrees and an icy Arctic wind on Wednesday afternoon. And the weather hasn't changed since. It is still cold and icy and currently about 8 degrees Celsius (if that) outside, but that is okay. I wasn't expecting it to be warm and we kinda came prepared.
My mother and Monet have just made a cake together and Monet's Grandad is doing a fine job of putting Monet to sleep in the evening, by reading books to her in front of the fire. Yes, we are having a fine time away from Cairns and it's current 27 degrees and sunshine. But without Lyndon of course, (that's the downside).
We've been busy visiting family members and spent yesterday lunch at Lyndon's parents place (Hi Marianne!) where we tuckered into 'soul-warming' soup and then to Lyndon's sister's place for dinner. (Hi Sarah!) Sarah cooked a delicious dinner of a cauliflower pasta, followed by Lemon Tart. Yum-oh! Do you know how nice it is to have dinner cooked for you? (And lunch too for that matter!) This morning we visited an old work girlfriend of mine (Hi Kate!) so to say that in the 48 hours into landing in Victoria that we've been on our toes is an understatement. But I do enjoy being busy.
This afternoon it is raining, but its nice and cosy in here and socks to wonders to warm the tootsies! (Who would have thought?)
The next few days are pretty busy too with visiting friends to say G'Day to, Lyndon's parents to stay at, an overnight trip to Melbourne (I'm currently in country Victoria, about 1 1/2 hours out of Melbourne) to visit numerous friends and family too. But come Tuesday when I am back at my parents for a few more relaxing and unplanned days, before we head off back to Queensland where the sun is shining and there is no Arctic breeze!!
I'm sitting back this afternoon and relaxing and letting my parents enjoy their one and only grandchild who loves all her grandparents dearly. I have time to sit down and think about, not what to cook for dinner, but what beer I should go and buy and share with my father and enjoy a slice of the freshly baked Vanilla cake made by my mother and my daughter. *Heehee*
My mother and Monet have just made a cake together and Monet's Grandad is doing a fine job of putting Monet to sleep in the evening, by reading books to her in front of the fire. Yes, we are having a fine time away from Cairns and it's current 27 degrees and sunshine. But without Lyndon of course, (that's the downside).
We've been busy visiting family members and spent yesterday lunch at Lyndon's parents place (Hi Marianne!) where we tuckered into 'soul-warming' soup and then to Lyndon's sister's place for dinner. (Hi Sarah!) Sarah cooked a delicious dinner of a cauliflower pasta, followed by Lemon Tart. Yum-oh! Do you know how nice it is to have dinner cooked for you? (And lunch too for that matter!) This morning we visited an old work girlfriend of mine (Hi Kate!) so to say that in the 48 hours into landing in Victoria that we've been on our toes is an understatement. But I do enjoy being busy.
This afternoon it is raining, but its nice and cosy in here and socks to wonders to warm the tootsies! (Who would have thought?)
The next few days are pretty busy too with visiting friends to say G'Day to, Lyndon's parents to stay at, an overnight trip to Melbourne (I'm currently in country Victoria, about 1 1/2 hours out of Melbourne) to visit numerous friends and family too. But come Tuesday when I am back at my parents for a few more relaxing and unplanned days, before we head off back to Queensland where the sun is shining and there is no Arctic breeze!!
I'm sitting back this afternoon and relaxing and letting my parents enjoy their one and only grandchild who loves all her grandparents dearly. I have time to sit down and think about, not what to cook for dinner, but what beer I should go and buy and share with my father and enjoy a slice of the freshly baked Vanilla cake made by my mother and my daughter. *Heehee*
11 comments:
sounds like bliss, but in a very frosty way.
Oh sounds like you are having a great and very social time.
T-shirt and shorts weather here!
Now your trip sounds lovely, it's so nice to be "cared" for isn't it. And even better that you are healthy, remember when your Mum last visited you and you had the c/pox :-( By the way, don't forget to ask Lyndon for the purple envelope...it has the D'world discount tix inside. I'm assuming you're going there when you're meeting him in Bris?
Hope you worked out a good beer to share with your Dad?!!
Keep warm now.
PS: I'm wearing a singlet top and I'm still hot (in Qld!!).
It seems so surrealistic that we in the Northern hemisphere are sweltering while those of you down under are bundling up! Keep warm!
Michele sent me,
Mike
I am envious. If only...
Sounds like you are having a great time catching up with folk, even if it's cooler than you are used to! Wrap up warm and have fun! :)
Sounds perfect! I hope you continue to enjoy your break, Melody! It's nice to let someone else take care of you, isn't it?
Enjoy this time with your family! Cheers!
I like the sound of the beer dilemma insetad of the 'what to cook for dinner one'. Isn't it just great to be cooked for!
Yeah, it's 90 degrees Fahrenheit here, so I'm a little jealous of your weather! I'm sure I won't feel the same way in January.
Here from M.
Oh Melody...This sounds so wonderful. I was thinking when you said that Monet and her Granmother baked a cake..AND that her Grandfather reads to her at night...What a truly special tine for all of you! But, particularly Monet and 'The Grandparents'....And well, truthfully, you too...time for yourself; time to be pampered a little; and to watch your child be si adored and so happy with "family"....WONDERFUL! Except for the cold. But even that soubds cozy and warm, inside with the fire....surrounded by love! You can't beat that.
Post a Comment