Thursday, August 16, 2007

We're Back...

..and we're exhausted.

After 12 days away from home, it was so lovely to get back to our apartment last night. Monet spent a good couple of hours going from room to room, pointing things out and showing us all her toys. For her, it must have felt like months we had been away, rather than a fortnight.

We had a great time away all up, visiting family and friends in Victoria and then meeting Lyndon in Brisbane on Sunday, where we stayed for three nights. For everyone we met, for everyone who were welcoming to us and to our friends and family, we thank you.

I have posted here a few photos, giving you loyal readers, a taste of what we saw and did. I'll be posting about our adventures in the next few days.

Until next time, enjoy...

From top to bottom, Monet and my mother in the garden, Melbourne city skyline at night, Boule balls which Monet enjoyed playing with, the Belgian Beer Cafe in Brisbane city and the enterance to Wiggles World at Dreamworld at the Gold Coast...)




9 comments:

Kiki said...

It looks like Monet was the only one at Dreamworld that day? Great shot, we have one like that with Miss A underneath too. Did you all go on the 'Big Red Car' ride? :-)

We're off to Seaworld with a discount ticket before the end of this month. Can't wait..I love dolphins.

Melody said...

kikimiss - we actually were given from Lyndon's work, tix to Dreamworld which gave us early entry - we were there at 9 and had an hour to enjoy the park before the masses arrived! Didn't go on the Big Red Car ride, it was Dorothy's teacup ride instead. I don't know who enjoyed it more - Lyndon of Monet! *heehee* (We got your letter - thanks so much, I really appreciated the thought.)

Melody said...

I meant 'Lyndon or Monet', not 'Lyndon of Monet'.

Marie said...

Welcome home, Melody! Sounds like a wonderful and tiring trip... Wiggles World?! How fun!

Anonymous said...

She looks so lonely standing there, the only child in wiggles world! I'm sure that she had a ball though.

Bobkat said...

Welcome back!!!!! Very glad that you had such a great trip and can't wait to hear more about your adventures :) Those photo's have whetted my appetite! I love the one of Melbourne Skyline. It looks really great!

It's always nice to be home again after a while though isn't it? Despite the washing to be done LOL!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Love your pictures, Melody...especially the picture of Monet and your Mom in the Garden.....Also love the Night Skyline of Melbourne...And I look forward to seeing more, more, more...! (lol)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh and I forgot to say...I am a "playwrite"! So, indeed, I am a writer as well as an actress, singer, composer, painter....!

Anonymous said...

12 days is a long time and I know you must feel wiped out! I love your pictures. The night one is awesome with all the colors. Glad you are safely back with us!