After years of sleeping on an uncomfortable mattress we bought ourselves a new bed (with pillow-top mattress) when we first moved to our apartment in March. We both still go to bed every night (without fail) and let out a huge 'sigh' each. It is that comfortable. *sigh*
Last week our new lounge suite arrived.
After 10 years we decided that our old lounge suite was just that. Old. It did us well and was pretty modern when we first purchased it. Navy blue tartan thing it was. I think it was nearing its end with a little somebody continually climbing it and eating on it. We've got rules in place with this new lounge though.
We had been looking at new lounge suites for over a year now, but we weren't going to part with our cash for any old lounge suite. We knew comfort, but modern looking was our first priority. We wanted a 2-seater couch and a 3-seater couch. We didn't want patterned material. We wanted short dark wooden 'feet' on them. We didn't want 'rolled' arms, rather ones that slope a little with a square edge. Sometimes you have to be fussy and not buy a lounge, simply for the fact that you want a lounge. It's lucky that Lyndon and I have similar tastes.
Do you know just how many bad lounge suites there are out there? We've spotted some really doozies in the past 18 months. Trust me.
But when we spotted this one in the Myer furniture department, we knew this was the one. It passed our checklist and the colour was perfect. And the best thing was, the day we went to order it, it went on sale - saving us over $400.
Now, that's what I call a perfect lounge suite.
Pity my daughter isn't perfect in every photograph.
*sigh*
7 comments:
Congrats. A new bed would be nice. Yawn.
Nice purchase!
We still love our fancy mattress too.
Lovely!
We bought a fancy-schmancy mattress about three months ago and LOVE it too.
That looks like a really comfy sofa (despiet the face being pulled on it, LOL!). I know exactly what you mena about the bad suites out there. When I went looking last there were some truly awful creations around. I wondered often, what sort of person would choose them! :)
Well, she looks adorable to me...! And that Lounge Suite is Fabulous! Pretty color and it looks very comfy, too! I think it is always worth waiting till you find just what you have been looking for---no matter how long it takes!
I know that 'sigh'. We bought a new matress recently, after a year of sleeping badly. In won't say I'm as fresh as a daisy after a good night's sleep - that's too much to ask for from me in the morning, but a good matress makes an incredible difference.
Like the sofa pic. At nursery/infant school I always used to win the annual Xmas competition to see who could pull the worst face. I think it was partly becasue I looked quite angelic when I was little - Monet looks as though she has the same ability!
Did you get cushions??
I hunted high and low for cushions that would suit our new sofa. I ended up spending £120 on them!! Yikes. But they look lovely!
Post a Comment