*probably not*
Lyndon's parents have been in this corner of the world since Saturday so I'll be using that as an excuse, but if the truth be told, it's because I have been here...

...*I know!!*
I always said that I wasn't going to join Facebook. I wasn't keen on people 'finding' me and I wasn't too sure about the whole 'privacy' thing. But after receiving invite after invite from friends, I bit the bullet. And now I'm addicted. It's all rather silly really the Facebook thing so I do prefer to blog. After all, this is my home here.
On a good note I have hooked up again with a couple of people from Primary school (!!), from Uni, from work, from blogs (you know who you are), a bosses daughter who I took to Robbie Williams back in 2001 because no one else would go with me and some good friends from Victoria who we left behind when we moved to FNQ.
I'm sure Facebook is a passing phase in most people's lives but it is all in fun for the time being. I recommend it, you'll never know just WHO you will find!!
Oh, and I have been awfully addicted to this too... *sorry*
What are you addicted to currently?
14 comments:
Currently, I'm still addicted to blogs. However, I love me some Facebook too...I just posted about it on my blog tonight!!
LOL, LOL...SWEll, I srill don't quite understand Facebook and all thoxse strange "extras" that you have to Subscribe to...which is how I got hoked into Facebook in the first place!! Someone sent me a link to their daughters Facebook page, but he neglected to tell me I'd have to sign up in order to SEE it! HELP!
Blogging is time consuming enough for me....If I got really Addicted to Facebook, I could not do both without taking root in this chair!!
I'm glad you are having a good time though.
And thanks dear Melody for your lovely Anniversary Wishes..It's hard to believe it has been two years---(Sometimes it feels like three...lol)...But it has so very many side benefits, it is amazing, isn't it?
I don't have time to be addicted to anything at the moment. Just my cats as always.(Yes, I'm a mad, old cat lady already at the grand age of 32!)
I have a facebook page (okay, a myspace page, too)...but find both of those too much work just to get things done. So for the moment, my addiction is still reading blogs! LOL
My Tivo. Actualy it is a DVR, but it is just like TIVO. We are saving all the new shows that come on after our bedtime, which is all the new shows and watching them after dinner.
Was that Robbie Williams at the Rod Laver Arena? And did he wear a kilt? Because we may have been at the same concert!
Oww yes Ms Mac. Mr Robbie did wear a kilt. I went to both shows at Rod Laver, being the big Robbie fan I was back then... (he is still mighty keen on the eye though!)
Okay now you've peaked my curiosity. I've never even been on Facebook.
I got curious about Facebook a couple of weeks ago after reading a similar post by another fave blogger and went and checked it out and signed up but, to be honest, I wasn't that thrilled. Maybe because I could only find a couple of people I know? Dunno. Anyway, my addictions are still mostly harmless - cooking, reading and blogging (and cleaning when the OCD gets a bit out of control!).
I signed up a few months ago under pressure, but really didn't like all the 'real life mandatory details' and felt a bit exposed.
So I made up a name, just to take a look around. hated it.
I'm also very 'pftt' to MySpace too though. Hate it.
:)
oh .. but I *love* your new blog header !
:)
I think I must be the only person left in the world who is not on Facebook! I have the same reservations as you did. We'll see...
BTW - you are not helping your case of being AWOL with pics of that pool! LOL! I could so do with a dip right now [sigh] :)
Bob-kat, you are not the only one... for my own privacy I refuse to join!
But on Facebook you choose who joins your "posse" and who can and can't see your details and pics.
I'm actually really loving it.
Post a Comment