Friday, October 12, 2007

Busy Baking Bee...

I was a busy little bee in the kitchen yesterday. I had the 'in-laws' who are holidaying up the road, at Palm Cove, over for dinner. And you know that I enjoy baking/cooking and it is always nice to prepare a food for others.

My FIL, Mark, is an electrician so last weekend after they had arrived, he put some new lights in my kitchen...


...and lights over the BBQ area outside.


It is nice to be able to see what you are cooking both indoors and out.

For dinner I spent the day preparing a few salads, including the delightful (yes, delightful!) Moroccan Salad, and even made some fresh baguettes. Yes, I was busy.

And we finished off with a slice of the delicious Strawberries and Cream Meringue Cake, which I had never made before but will definitely be baking again because it is divine!!! Just by looking at this photo I am tempted to go and get another slice from the fridge.
Oww...I love a good meal. And I enjoy preparing them. Most of the time anyway!! *heehee*

7 comments:

Delane said...

My wife would love to have that much counter space. Your kitchen is awesome. (And that cake looks pretty darn awesome too!)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, it ALL sounds delicious and your Kitchen looks Beautiful! How wonderful that you FIL could do this for you! It is so pretty there!
And that cake.....MY MY MY...I can see why you would want to go get another slice...lol!

Tracey Petersen said...

Is it like a pavlova?

It all looks very good - lighting and food.

Melody said...

Tracey - I have posted the recipe on my cakes, cookis and an odd roast dinner blog. Click on the link... The bottom half is a dense cake with a meringue and cream topping. It is very delicious!!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about Facebook! Been there... still doing that. :-P

Love your blog and especially love Cairns. GREAT place... wow. Found you via Michele and glad I did. If you look on my blog for videos and click through to my You Tube account, you'll find some vids I've done of my visits to Cairns & Brisbane.

Bobkat said...

That strawberry and cream meringue cake looks gorgeous! My mouth is watering just looking at the photo!

It is nice to cook for an appreciative audience isn't it :)

Ms Mac said...

Corrrr, yumm! I wanna come to your place!