Monday, October 22, 2007

Hiding, Hiding...

To help bribe (yes, I bribe!) Monet out of the bath each night (she'd play in there all night given half a chance), we offer a few games of 'Hide and Seek'. It works a treat.

So we play 3 games, most nights. Lyndon hides first, followed by myself, followed by Miss Monet herself. When doing the 'seeking' we stand with our face at the front door and count loudly to 10 (or to 16 or 18 - depending when Monet wants to stop) and then say "Coming, ready or noooot" and go on our search for the hiding parent. It doesn't take long to seek us out, I mean, we live in a 3 bedroom apartment and there are only limited hiding spots!

Monet is getting awfully good at playing.

She used to run from her hiding spot out to we were once we finished our 'counting' and say "Here I am!!!!!" Not now though. She hides and sits still. I know the day is coming where we won't be able to find her.

You can imagine how great she thought it was the other night when Lyndon had Monet's new shelves pulled out from her bedroom wall, as he had been painting her room.... (see look!)


The three of us were in there, admiring the paint work (Yay!) when I suggested to Monet to stand behind the shelves and pop her head through one of the sections so she'd look like a doll. She did a great job not moving...


...Did you spot her?

Maybe not quite 'Where's Wally', but pretty good all the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We call it hide and sink at my house. My daughter used to call it that.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!

My husband has a tough time getting me out of my big bath tub at night too. Tonight maybe I'll tell him if he'll play hide and seek with me I'll come on out!