Monday, October 01, 2007

Pride (In The Name of New Shelves)

A few weeks ago we ordered some new shelves for Monet's room. I had been asking, well really, nagging is more the word, Lyndon that she needed some bigger shelves than what she originally had. Her room is constantly a mess with books and toys and I was getting sick of walking into a bomb-hit room. Now I know how my mum must have felt when my room was messy. *smirk*
So we ordered shelves. Ones that I had been spying for ages.

And they arrived last week. In a flat box.


I'm glad Lyndon is very handy when it comes to these type of things. I'm no good at understanding packaging diagrams and if I had to put something together it would take me literally hours to build. I've done that before, but now I leave things like that to Lyndon. I'm sure he enjoys the challenge. *chuckle, chuckle*

After Lyndon assembled them, I helped move them into Monet's room, then I packed them with her toys and books. Her room looks a hell of a lot cleaner and we all love them...

...so much in fact, we are flirting with the idea of purchasing more for our living area.
Monet has been taking a bit more pride in her room now. She spends minutes, oh I meant, hours, lingering through her books and then, believe it or not, putting them back on her shelves. (I wonder how long that will last?)

This morning I was busy vacuuming when Monet asked if she could vacuum her room.


It seems as if the Little One is taking a bit more pride in her bedroom. I wonder how much more pride she'll take in her room when we get around to buying her a bedhead for her bed, along with a new Dora the Explorer doona cover? (They are on our, well really, my, list to buy...) Hmm....

11 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Those shelves are BEAUTIFUL! And everything in them looks so colorful and neat! I'm amazed that Monet wanted to Vacuum...! WOW! That is simply amazing, don't you think? CONGRATULATIONS!

Unknown said...

Great shelves, I really like them. No wonder Monet wants to keep her room clean & tidy. Maybe if I'd had some when I was little I would've been more enthusistic about tidying my room (Yeah, right!)

Anonymous said...

Lucky girl.

We've done the opposite and taken all our shelves down. Suddenly we have S.P.A.C.E. instead of clutter.

Bobkat said...

I love the picture of her shelves all built adn with her things on them. Cool! I just love her penguins :)

It is so sweet that she has becoem all 'room proud' LOL!

jeanie said...

I love it - my nearly 8yo has suddenly taken a bit more pride in her room to the point of wanting to rearrange, and your heart just swells when they take on large cleaning appliances!!

BTW - those cakes/biscuits in the last post looked wonderful - and both Melbourne teams got up on the weekend, so you must be stoked!

Kiki said...

Are these the IKEA shelves Melody? We have a set in A's bedroom and I love pretending to be a shopkeeper and spend ages with her re-arranging all the items :-)

Melody said...

Kikimiss - no IKEA up this way unfortuntely. Do you know how much I miss IKEA??? No, we ordered these through Super AMART.

Anonymous said...

You gotta love when something just "works" so well.

Anonymous said...

That last photo is so sweet.

Both of my girs take a lot of pride in their rooms and its fun to watch.

Kiki said...

I thought you may have done a phone order with IKEA?!! It's awful that they haven't expanded to areas in the Far North...surely it's in the pipeline? I used to frequent the Richmond store when we lived in Melb, what a kingdom that place is. Especially for littlies.

Very similar product though...this one looks almost the same.

Melody said...

Kikimiss - Richmond IKEA. *drool* I know IKEA are setting up a phone/internet ordering system! Yay. But probably by the time they do we'll probably be in Brisbane anyway....