Friday, December 14, 2007

An Award

And Melody's 'Dip of The Year' award goes to....



Yumi's brand Sweet Potato and Cashew Dip.

Congratulations.

(It was a toss up between this one and their Sun-dried Tomato and Macadamia, but this one won out in the end!)

Which 'Dip' deserves your 'Dip of The Year' award?

16 comments:

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

On your hearty recommendation I bought the sweet potato and cashew one today to take to a carols in the park this evening. Will let you know what I think of it. My absolute fave at the moment is the Yumi's Olive dip...but I really love olives, it may not be to everyone's taste. I also make a pretty delicious spinach dip myself, and my husband makes a mean avocado one. Ahhh...dips...I could go on all day...

Anonymous said...

There's a spinach one I like. It has a bit of a chilli aftertaste.

Melody said...

fairlie - oh the pressure, the pressure!!

jeanie said...

I have no idea of the brand, but there is a macadamia and basil one I tried recently that was divine - the best bit was it obviously wasn't divine enough, as I got it on special again the next day as they cleared it from the shelves.

Oh well...

My daughter loves Chris's Hommous - of course, all other brands of Hommous are POISON including the one Mum tried to make at home once.

Anonymous said...

We had a nice beetroot and horseradish one recently, quite unusual with a bit of a kick as well. The pink colour was a bit off-putting though.

Kiki said...

Thank you, I will buy and try asap. I'm loving a local Brisbane lady's 'Moroccan' dip..wish I could remember her name now. Drats.

Ms Mac said...

*wails*

The Swiss don't "do" dips!

I miss Australian Supermarket's dip aisle! You can't even get french onion soup packet mix to mix into sour cream or cream cheese.

*wails some more*

Bobkat said...

That sounds most unusual! We don't get things like that here as sweet potatoes are still regarded on the whole as 'odd' by most, like squashes!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I'm not into dips, but they look good.

Deana said...

I hope we have that brand here...our local grocer doesnt' carry alot of dips that I like so I tend to have to make them from scratch...spinach artichoke being a favorite.

Anonymous said...

It must be about five years since I last bought a dip!

Melody said...

Kimbofo - you are missing out! So many yummy (or Yumi - geddit?) dips out there to indulge in! And many I know you would *love*...

LBA said...

ooh - I don't know, this combo doesn't appeal to me *at all*.

There's a nice coriander and some-kind-of-nut one I get from my local deli. Has a bit of punch to it... And I love my hommus, with Turkish bread, yumm...

Team SAK said...

Melody- so you are responsible for the dip Fairlie took to Carols on Friday night. The combination of Sweet Potato and cashews was tasty and went well on wholemeal crackers. Think the Sundried Tomato and Macadamia could be more my taste so next time the Fairlie crew and TeamSAK get together we will taste test that one!
Thanks for the recommendation.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Okay...my verdict? The sweet potato and cashew was good...but it still doesn't edge out the olive dip IMHO!

What I especially love about the Yumi dips is that they are dairy-free and gluten-free. In our local supermarket they are not available in the regular dip fridge though, I discovered them in the kosher section.

Melody said...

Fairlie - Far North Queenslanders wuldn't have a clue about Kosher food sections! (sorry about that any FNQers who read this blog) Being a girl who once lived in the heartland of Kosher Food (ie. East St.Kilda) I have a feeling this is where I first discoved Yumi Brand dips, just by browsing the Kosher section of Balaclava Coles...