Monet was a tad grumpy (again) but I think it might have something to do with her being too hot and bothered (you have no idea about the humidity up here until you experience it yourself) and she thought she was first going to the playground at Port Douglas. (Mossman is about 10 kilometres past Port Douglas). I spent most of the walking track carrying her (she was refusing to walk) so I swear I would've poured out a kilo of sweat. Urgh.
But I didn't mind. And it seemed Monet didn't either after a while. She cheered up when she spotted a 'Bush Turkey' and got to have a seat with Pickles (the love able bear!)
As we drove out of the car park, well, what do you know, we passed an ice-cream van which was headed to the car park. Always the way. We could have had an ice cream each as it would've been well deserved. Instead we headed to Port Douglas and had one there!
That was after a play in the playground at The Point and lunch at Mango Jam.
Gee life can be hard sometimes can't it? Especially when you return and go for a swim in the pool.
So, when are you coming for a visit?
6 comments:
It sounds idealic!!! Monet seems very grown up in that picture...! I swear I am watching her mature right before my eyes here on your blog....
Those two pictures looked very familiar to me....It brought back a memory of another place here in the states....In Pennsylvania---A place of my childhood! I would have felt right at home with that stream with the rocks....Just beautiful!
Love it Melody! Monet does look like such a big girl! I'd LOVE to come for a visit. Maybe if I win the lottery... oh, but I'd have to play it first!
From your photos it looks like just the sort of place I would love to visit. It seems as gorgeous as you say and despite the humidity and early grumpiness it sounds like you had a good day! I'm glad :)
Great pics.
Can't believe how BIG she is! Must be all that rain and humidity.
Yet another beautiful day out and about. And I agree with everyone else, Monet looks SO big in that photo. Maybe Pickles is just that little.
I love your photos and Monet is such a beautful little girl...what a great model!
Post a Comment