Saturday, January 26, 2008

Ave A Good One...

Today is Australia Day. Our national holiday, though because January 26th has fallen on a Saturday the Public Holiday is on Monday. (So, it is alongweekend this weekend.)

To celebrate, I have made a typical Aussie dessert, just for me. Because I can and because I felt like it. I know Ms. Mac would love to be here helping me devour this...


...Pavlova with Peppermint Crisp on top.

Deeeelicious! (I used this recipe for anyone interested.)

Happy Australia Day everyone.

Enjoy a frothie later 'ron. Say G'Day to every shelia and cobber you know. She'll be right, chins up and throw a snag on the Barbie for me. Bewdy mate.

12 comments:

Kiki said...

You had me laughing with all that Aussie banter at the end of your post here.

Your dessert looks lovely even though I don't particularly like the peppermint component, I could scrape that off..couldn't I?!

I will get back to you on your other note as well. Hopefully you're fine & dandy tonight!

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what your Australia-talk means at the end! But I love it. Barbie is the grill right?

Happy Australia day to you Melody! Something tells me you'll be the only person I tell that to today :)

Ms Mac said...

Happy Australia Day, Melody!

You inspired me to make my first and very own pav for our dessert tonight (using your recipe). Shame I don't have a peppermint crisp for it but you can't have everything, can you?

Cheers, darl!

Anonymous said...

That photograph looks awesome... although I'm not a big fan of peppermint. I'd rather have passionfruit or strawberries on my pavlova.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Happy AUSTRALIA DAY to you, my dear....! This desert looks quite scrumptious...! I went to see the recipe and was sort of surprised about the Vinegar....! Hmmmmm. What does the Vinegar do for this recipe? I'm asking because Vinegar has such a kind of harsh taste....Obviously it is integrated so that must not be a problem....!

Anonymous said...

OOLOTH, you don't taste the vinegar in this recipe -- it simply makes the eggs easier to beat (makes them go stiffer) and also increases the whiteness of the eggs.

Bobkat said...

Thanks to years of watching Neighbours as student I understand the Aussie speak perfectly! :)

Happy Australia day to you and your family, I hope it's bonza!

BTW - to help you celebrate I have something for you over at my blog :) Congrats!

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

That looks delicious! :)

Happy Australia Day!

Red Dirt Mummy said...

Happy (belated) Australia Day, Melody. From one side of the country to the other!

Deana said...

Happy Australia Day! I really hope to set my feet on Aussie land one day...a girl can dream. It is so pretty there.

I like the looks of that dessert. You know I have never had pavlova and always wanted to take a bite!

jeanie said...

I am afraid the dessert doesn't do it for me - I have very defined placement guidelines for peppermint.

I hope you had a great one!

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Oooo...I don't know about that combination of peppermint and pavlova. It almost seems (dare I say it) un-Australian!!

Hope you had a good one.