Thursday, January 10, 2008

No Messy Ice Cream Eating Around Here...

I remember months ago, Kikimiss blogged about these holders for ice creams for 'little hands'. I thought they were a nifty idea but never did anything about actually buying one. Pretty typical of me, I must say.

Last week, when out with my parents at one of the local shopping plazas, we stopped to get a 'milkshake' each. (That's what you do with your Grandparents don't you? Go out and buy milkshakes?) Anyway, as we sat at the shop slurping away, I noticed they were selling ice-cream cone holders for a measly $2. They are along the same line as the Dripstik ones, which is why I purchased one.

It got put to good use on Sunday.

Sunday saw us all pile in Lyndon's car and drive up to Port Douglas for a look around and some lunch (which we had at the ever-faithful-good-value-for-money Courthouse Hotel, the big white Hotel on the corner, if you know Port!) After playing at the park at The Point (again), the only way to get Monet off the play equipment was a promise of an ice cream. A big chocolate ice cream. (Yeah, I know all these reports have come out saying parents shouldn't bribe their children, but hey, everyone does, don't they?) Perfect opportunity to use the ice cream holder.


Do you think she enjoyed it? You'd be correct in thinking yes, she did.
And did the holder work? Yes, it did.

She might have got ice cream on her face but there was no dripping onto her clothes, legs etc.,

Two bucks well spent I'd say. Even if I forget to take it with me ever again (which is possible) at least she used it once and it worked.

10 comments:

kenju said...

Melody, I'd keep one at home and one in the car at all times! Michele would too.

Wonelle said...

Damn, that makes me want to feed my kid ice cream - and eat it too!

Thanks to Michele for sending me your way!

Janet said...

Wow, what a great idea! I love people's creativity! Thanks for visiting :-)

Kiki said...

I'm glad you got one, yes keep it in the car for those terrific Sunday drives you guys do.

Further to this product though, I've since spotted another little wonder, it's the 'motorized ice cream holder'. How cool is this? http://www.onlinekitchen.com.au/vshop/shopexd.asp?id=1504

Anonymous said...

I could use one of those!

Girl About Town said...

Oh my God, where can I buy one of these??? Seriously. And if my husband sees them, he will buy a whole box lol!!!

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

It's not 'bribery', using food to induce desired behaviour...it's incentivisation...!

Great holders!

LBA said...

Those icecream holders are cool !!

I admit to being a bit of a meanie - MC doesn't know what chocolate icecream is !! It's vanilla all the way here ( I just can't stand mess ;)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a FABULOUS Idea...! Now why didn't I think of that? I tell you, the people who come up with these simple wonderful inventions like this one, are to be commended....I mean, who would not want to have one of these? Even adults...especially in sweltering heat with lots of Ice Cream Drips!
BRAVO!

Thanks so much Melody for yoyr lovely caring words...It means a lot to me, truly!

Unknown said...

I was surprised and delighted to come across your comments on the ice cream cone holder. My hubby and I are the owners & inventors of the Australian made holder called Cone Zone! I love the pics. Would I be able to put them on our website www.conezone.com.au? my email is admin@conezone.com.au. Regards Julie-Ann