In the morning we decided to visit one of the local shopping plazas (as you do) then, after coming home and having some lunch, I thought that Cairns' Crystal Cascades might be a nice place to visit. I was right.
The cascades were flowing and everything looked alive and well and green and tropical. A lovely place to visit on a wet and rainy day, believe it or not.
The Cascades lie in a little valley behind Cairns and it is a quick and easy drive to get there. It is about 20 minutes from my house.
Monet had a brilliant time in her gumboots and holding her umbrella. She splished and splashed, laughed and sang. Oh! she thought it was the best thing she had done in a long time. (She wants to do it again today!)

My dad enjoyed taking photographs, bar getting a little wet (no umbrella for him!) and mum enjoyed the walk and seeing everything look so green....
It was a nice way to spend an afternoon before my parents left, headed back to country Victoria, a good 3 hour plane flight south. It was nice to have my parents up here over the Christmas break and I am sure they had a relaxing time. It was nice for us to have them here to entertain Monet! *heehee*
Not sure when our next relative visit will be. It will probably be us visiting Kimbofo in good old London town!
7 comments:
I just can't get over how many beautiful places you can get to so quickly. I bet the splashy day in the rain was just a blast for Monet. Just something about stepping in puddles.
Hiya Melody...thanks for dropping by my blog...u may be right, we may just bump into eachother in Paris lol...as for the Monet Garden...My husband has been many times..and plans to take me to see it also.
I'm so glad u came by..I can put your blog back on my favs, I lost all my blogs I usually read..ages ago..I look forward to coming back to see your pics and reading your blog..we can also, both anticipate our coming trip lol!!
What great shots, I love her with the umbrella and gumboots. Hopefully the rain will subside for you soon.
How do you feel after saying goodbye to your folks again? Does it get easier each time?
Thinking of you...maybe you've got a beer right now? It is 6:03pm ;-)
Those photographs are amazing!
Great post, I am always amazed at how many adventures you guys have!!
Moon - it would be funny if we did cross tracks in France! *heehee*
Kikimiss - I'm on a self imposed Beer Diet. 2 days in. What a joke hey? Easier? I guess it does in some ways as life goes back to normal. It always helps when you have something to look forward to too. I find if Monet is okay, so am I. Just breaks my heart when she comes out with things like "when are we seeing Grandma and Grandad again? Go we go and visit them?", like she did this morning. We've had a good day though - thanks for thinking of us.
Girl About Town - Thank you. We love little adventures around here!
The umbrella and puddle pics in the collage are just fab.
You have the *best* days out. I guess it helps to live somewhere so green!
I know exactly what it's like to say goodbye to family after visits.
I just love those umbrella shots of Monet. They color and the energy are perfect. I know you enjoyed having your parents visit. I hope they had a safe return home...
Post a Comment