I can't tell you how many times I have flicked through the latest Lonely Planet Guide to Western Europe or how many times I have 'Googled' something to do with this trip. It is exciting stuff. In all honesty, I simply cannot wait.
Our passports arrived safely in the mail last week, which is a load off my mind. We still have things to book but it will all get done in due time.
We loved Paris, back in 2000. Those of you who have visited the city before will know what I am talking about. (Well, hopefully those of you who have travelled to Paris do love it!) The architecture is amazing...


...the Fairy Floss is so very tasty....

and the road rules leaves something to be desired...

But Paris is just one mainland European city we have visited (besides those in the UK and Ireland). This time around we're planning on staying in four other cities plus Paris again.
Monet is constantly talking about Europe (gee, I wonder if that is because of me? *heehee*) and is talking already like she's already been there. She knows she'll be having Pizza in Italy, mum and dad will have Beer in Germany, we'll be visiting Sleeping Beauty in France (Euro Disney) and mum will be enjoying chocolate (and beer) in Belgium. And of course, no talk of our trip to Europe is complete without mentioning seeing Auntie Kim and Uncle T.
I love seeing parts of the world, puts everything into perspective for me. I simply CANNOT WAIT!!!! Yippee....
11 comments:
That is a *great* photo of the traffic!!
I believe Paris is beautiful...I can't really remember. The only time I've been there, I was so sick with a bad flu (not a cold, an actual flu...) that I spent most of the time either in a hallucinatory delirium from fever in the hotel room, or miserably hacking my lungs up as I dragged my sorry arse around the sights.
I'm prepared to give it another go to find out for sure!
Fairlie - I do remember on my last day in Paris, I suffered the biggest and most horrible migraine I have ever suffered. I think it had to do that we spent about an hour in a supermarket sized perfume store and went around smelling all the different scents. Urgh. I spent the afternoon in bed, drugged up on the strongest pain killers I have ever had (besides when I suffered the chicken pox last year!)
How funny - I was also looking at our Europe photos today after reading of a Paris trip on *another* blog !!
Don't forget the gelati in Italy. There's nothing like it in Australia, and I don't care what anybody says - there just isn't !!
:)
H&B - ooo yes, I won't forget to have a gelati!!
and cheese - don't forget cheese.
My Ashleigh hates cheese. Her host family asked her, "Then what will you eat for breakfast?"
She took her own vegemite for toast.
...and baguettes....with cheese....*drool*
Don't the "old" photos look odd to the eye now?! Great traffic shot..some would think it was the vision on one of those funny postcards but it's so for real.
Paris is in the top 5 of my most loved cities in the world. I nearly moved my life there in the mid 90s...silly, silly me. Why didn't I take even more risks then?
Loved Belgium too and Luxembourg...tsk, can't I come?
I can't wait for your OS posts...you will post won't you?
Yippee! I loved Paris too... it's been a long time since I visited (1990). Paris and Berlin were my favorite cities.
Do you speak any of the European languages Melody?
I just got my French Trip Slides from 1969 transfered to a digital format!!! Looking at them has brought back such wonderful memories of that very special trip, even though it was almost 40years ago....I was in The South of France for 18 days....! I am planning on posting about that trip in the near future!
I can see why you would be soooo looking forward to this trip coming up, Melody....And visiting so very many countries....What a GREAT GREAT thing for Monet, too....!
Oh, Paris is right at the very VERY top of the list of places I want to visit!!! You will have to make sure you take lots of piccies and give us a virtual tour when you get back!!
Sigh. :)
Isn't looking forward to the trip fun? Sometimes I like that part so much that I miss it after the trip is over. You guys are going to have an amazing trip. I've never been to Europe, but I'm taking your word for it.
Post a Comment