For someone who rarely gets sick, I've been sick! Urgh. I spent Thursday evening looking inside the toilet bowl which is not a good image, I know. Lyndon had to take yesterday off work to look after Monet whilst I spent the day in bed snoozing. I feel much better today, thanks for asking.
We've got a lot going on at the moment in our household, so I don't know if it was all catching up on me or if I had a 24 hour bug or what. I do suspect it might have to do with dehydration for the fact the past week has been so rainy and cool by Cairns Wet season standards (about 29-30 with about 85% humidity) and then on Thursday the temperature to jumped up to about 33-34 with even higher humidity. The weather is playing with my body. I'm putting it down to that.
It is not long before our big holiday and we'll be jetting off in a silver jet bound for the other side of the world. Monet cannot wait for the fact she actually 'gets' the clothes I have up high in my wardrobe for our trip. I never knew my daughter was so 'into' clothes until now. Talk about fussy and Little Miss Independent (you have no idea!) She has chosen all her new threads which we had to buy because her wardrobe is a constant 'summer' one, so some 'winter' threads have been purchased. She's become obsessed with cooler weather, wanting to constantly wear scarf, mittens and hats. What have I done!!!???!!! I swear she changes her clothes she's wearing about 5 times a day lately. Think she's so good being able to reach them in her wardrobe and put them on by herself. As I type this she's changing her clothes for the 3rd time, no actually, the 4th time today and it's not even 1pm.
We've got a lot going on at the moment in our household, so I don't know if it was all catching up on me or if I had a 24 hour bug or what. I do suspect it might have to do with dehydration for the fact the past week has been so rainy and cool by Cairns Wet season standards (about 29-30 with about 85% humidity) and then on Thursday the temperature to jumped up to about 33-34 with even higher humidity. The weather is playing with my body. I'm putting it down to that.
It is not long before our big holiday and we'll be jetting off in a silver jet bound for the other side of the world. Monet cannot wait for the fact she actually 'gets' the clothes I have up high in my wardrobe for our trip. I never knew my daughter was so 'into' clothes until now. Talk about fussy and Little Miss Independent (you have no idea!) She has chosen all her new threads which we had to buy because her wardrobe is a constant 'summer' one, so some 'winter' threads have been purchased. She's become obsessed with cooler weather, wanting to constantly wear scarf, mittens and hats. What have I done!!!???!!! I swear she changes her clothes she's wearing about 5 times a day lately. Think she's so good being able to reach them in her wardrobe and put them on by herself. As I type this she's changing her clothes for the 3rd time, no actually, the 4th time today and it's not even 1pm.
I have been busy booking and organising our trip. We're visiting Venice for a few days and have confirmed our accommodation where we'll be staying here...
Of course I'm not spilling the beans on the hotel's name but it looks gorgeous. (That's the entrance) I'm hoping it will be as nice as what the pictures look as you can never be quite 100% sure can you?
Train tickets have been purchased, planes booked and hotels too. My birthday is coming up and I have requested tickets for a morning tour for Monet and I do see this, not far out of Paris...
I *simply* cannot. In case you are wondering, it is Claude Monet's House and Garden. It's been my dream for about 20 years to visit so it is a must! I think I'll need to purchase another memory stick for my camera as I imagine I'll be taking thousands of photos, the majority being taken at Monet's garden!
I hope you're all well, looking at Monet's garden makes me feel a whole heap better...
I hope you're all well, looking at Monet's garden makes me feel a whole heap better...
11 comments:
My daughter is 18 and still wears at least three changes of clothes per day. Even making her do her own washing did not stop her from multiple changes. You need to stop her now, or it will never end...
Miss A went through that phase (and it was a phase, thank God) which drove me crazy for its duration.
Visiting Monet's Garden will be superb and I can't wait for the posts and pics to match. Especially you two girls with huge grins!
I love the diea of Monet deciding on her clothes. The original Monet's house looks stupendous - and you'll be going at the right time of year to see all the flowers.
I'm sorry you've been sick, Melody! Your trip is shaping up nicely. Can't wait to see all of you in Monet's garden!
Oh you poor dear..! It sounds like a 24 hour thing to me...And with that kind of heat and humidity---Well, bugs can really flourish in that environment...!
I love that Monet is so into "fashion"...! I can see how this would drive you a little crazy, but it's her artistic expression and how WONDERFUL that she has such definite "taste"....!
Oh, I know you will be so thrilled to Visit Monet's Garden & Home....Can't wait to see the pictures of all that, my dear.
Thanks so much Melody, for your wonderful comment and compliment....Sometimes I thibk will people think the things I post about are strange or weird....People fascinate me....Human behaviour fascinates me...As a writer of plays..."Behavior", behavior Fascinates me...So, I thank you so much for "getting" what I try to express....!
I'm glad to hear that you're feeling much better now, that 24 hour things sounds utterly delightful - NOT! Poor you!
Sounds like Monet is her own dress-up doll LOL! :)
Not long until your trip now. I can just imagine how excited you are, and to be visiting Monets garden too! How wonderful. Do pop into the National Gallery in London as well to see some of his work :)
Oh those nasty bugs going around - V had one the other week that sounds the same and it is not nice.
How exciting you must all be. Enjoy!
So sorry to hear that you were sick, I hope that you are all better now and that it didn't come back.
Viruses are no fun at all. The missus is currently laid low by one that lasts for about a week and just leaves people completely exhausted - she's been out of bed for perhaps 3 hours since Friday at 7. Fortunately for me, my mother's in town and helping like a champ.
As for costume changes, the 5 year old is prone to multiple outfits per day if not monitored. The three year old, not so much. Not yet, anyway.
I love anticipating a trip almost as much as the trip itself. If you think Monet is driving you crazy with clothes now, wait til she is older. And she tries on 30 outfits before leaving for school and leaves the rejects in a pile on the floor.
YOU FORGOT TO SAY ITS POPPYS BIRTHDAY
Post a Comment