Saturday, March 01, 2008

Done and Ready

I'm feeling little sad.

I know by weeks end all our accommodation will be booked. All trains will be booked by mid week. Then, what is a girl to do? The hours and days I have spent on the net looking and searching will be over. Reading of reviews and looking at photos of probable hotels will be finished.

But that's exciting really isn't it? I honestly could shout it from the roof top. I've done it. I've booked it. We're going.

England. Look out, here we come.

France. Look out, here we come.

Germany. Look out, here we come.

Italy. Look out, here we come.

Now we are all booked, my next internet research will no doubt be working out what we'll be doing in each city. Now, there are a few hours, days gone there. And I do have my trusty Lonely Planet guide! It is never far from my reach. Like the laptop. That's not far from my reach either.

Excuse me whilst I visit this website...

10 comments:

Kiki said...

Hello, those LP guides are the best aren't they? I just unpacked all mine this morning...wish I was "really" using them like you.

Don't worry - when all your travel agent work is done you'll find another obsession to call a project, I'm sure of that.

Have you got your packing list going yet?

PS: "A pinch and a punch for the first day of the month...". Not long until your birthday lady!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Melody. You should be proud of yourself. Now just bask in the warmth of knowing you've got that fantastic trip to look forward to.

Ms Mac said...

I'd be reading everything I could about all the places I'd be looking forward to visiting so I don't miss anything when I actually get there!

Over and over again.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, you've done a magnificent job, Melody...TRULY! And now you will be nailing down the sights to see in all these wonderful places.....WOW! I applaud you, heartily!

And think of all the fun you are going to have researching this next leg of your trip...! Hope you will share these things with all of us, my dear.

Bobkat said...

Look out indeed! How cool, now you just have to contain your excitement until the date you go!

Iris Flavia said...

Let´s hope spring will greet you with heaps of sun and fresh blooming nature!

Deana said...

You will still have plenty to do...I think you really must enjoy planning! This is going to be such a fun trip for you guys. You HAVE to be getting excited!

Anonymous said...

While you're thinking about what to do - there's an American tour book writer / tour operator called Rick Steves, and his website (ricksteves.com, of course) has a pretty good section of input from travelers, especially on things to do with younger kids. Might be worth a look.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

I soooo know what you mean. I think I get as much enjoyment from the researching and planning of holidays as from the holiday itself. Could save myself a lot of money by just planning hypothetical holidays!

Moon said...

I am so thrilled for u, and totally know what u mean, as u know I am off to France this april, although visiting family, ...so not going to travel all the countries u will, but as its only my first time, I dont mind, our schedule will be full nonetheless ....I hope u have an awesome time and take all the photos u can to share with us on your return lol.