Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Sky

How is your Easter Weekend going?

Ours is fine, bar the fact that Lyndon and Monet BOTH have head colds at the moment. They both have head colds, but both head colds are different. Where as Lyndon has a runny nose and headache, Monet has a throaty cough. Lucky us hey? But still, it never stopped Lyndon from going to work yesterday AND today. (Deadlines, deadlines!)

Yesterday morning it was only I who got to see the delight in Monet's face after spying what Easter Bunny had left for her. Just how does Easter Bunny work out that Monet has been wanting a 'flashlight' and a 'skipping rope' for yonks? Everything was a big hit. She's been very, very good at sharing her Easter Chocolate with her Mummy-dearest too - without me asking mind you. Sometimes Monet does make me proud...


I swear that horse she is sitting on in the above photo hasn't left her side in the past 36 hours. Nor the flashlight for that matter. It is a wonder it still works.

I have to share the next photo with you of the evening sky (about 6:30 pm) on Thursday night...


See that stripe? The bluest of blues it was. Now that photo is taken from our balcony, facing due East towards the ocean (about a 10 minute walk). East. Not west. Opposite to where the sun is setting. It would make sense if the sun was setting that way, but it doesn't. Lyndon and a friend we had staying the night, went to find out what the stripe was. It ends up that as the sun was setting in the west, a cloud was in the sun's rays and causing this stripe to reflect across the sky into a stripe. Nature never ceases to amaze me at times... I had never seen anything like it...

8 comments:

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

That blue stripe is really quite amazing.

Hope everyone recovers from their Easter colds soon!

Anonymous said...

Hope that everyone recovers soon. SO sorry that we didn't manage a catch up, but I did see that a crocodile was swimming in the stinger net at your beach!

Melody said...

Peppermintpatcher - Yeah, Lyndon came home and told me about that!! Shite hey?? I too am sorry we didn't get to meet. Next time eh?

Deana said...

I'm glad the bunny was nice to Monet..you've taught her well about sharing! I've tons of candy that I must get out of this house before I eat it!

jeanie said...

lol - that horse has a twin in our house - "Leap" helped my little girl when she was about the same age get through a broken arm and still gets a good workout (although the girl looks much bigger on her horse these days).

I hope you get through all the colds without receiving one of your own.

Delane said...

I'm glad Monet had a good Easter, sorry about the head colds though. We had one of the best Easter's we've had in a long time. I think because we expected it to be cold and windy, but it was a perfect day instead. Plus Deana throws one heck of an Easter party.

Alison said...

I love those horses - We have the other set of twins at our house.
Hope the colds go away quickly.

Bobkat said...

That last photo is amazing! Nature often leaves me awe struck too.

Glad you had a good Easter. Monet looks chuffed to bits and it is so good of her to share her choccy so willingly :) I had a quiet time, recharging my batteries a bit!