...That's Hi-5 in case you weren't 'savvy' with children's entertainment. (Including new member, Casey, who is replacing the retired Charli, along side Stevie who replced Tim at the end of 2007...)
I'm certainly in the good books with Monet after we missed out on tickets to their Cairns shows being held today and tomorrow. It is a little like missing the boat with those bloody tickets. By the time stuff had settled down around here from last week (and kind of forgetting to be honest) all tickets to their four, 40 minute shows were sold out. But I made it up by getting Monet to come face to face with her idols/stars...
Yeah, I win Mother of the Year award.
Just by chance yesterday I went to our local shopping plaza, 'Smithfield Center' on the hunt for a tie for Lyndon (another story that one!) Lyndon had mentioned that he did read in the local paper that Hi-5 were making an appearance at the KMart store there, but he had no idea of the time or day for that matter.
I saw a big poster as I walked in at 2:40pm, saying that Hi-5 were in store from 3-4. I rang up Lyndon who immediately got Monet to change (from her bloody ratty-looking fairy dress) into some clean threads and dropped Monet off just before 3pm along with my camera. It was certainly a team effort. (Thanks Husband!)
Into KMart we went, grabbed the new Hi-5 DVD (something HAD to be purchased for the group to sign - you just couldn't rock up without purchasing something, they, both Hi-5 and KMart must make an absolute killing in merchandise sales!)
We found (finally) the end of the line and stood patiently. There would have been about, well at least felt like, 200 people ahead of us. A couple of more people stood behind us and then the line was stopped by staff. It was 10 past 3. We were lucky to say the least. We waited and waited. Monet was brilliant. There was no wanting something to eat or drink or no toilet runs. There was no touching stuff, just a little girl standing besides me clutching her new DVD in line to see Hi-5.
Our time came.
Monet was star-struck. In fact, I think I was too.
Back at home Monet could not stop smiling.
My job here is done.

16 comments:
LOL @ Monet being starstruck!! Well done to you for your quick thinking and Lydon's quick acting to get Monet there on time.
I think "somebody" like saying 'husband' these days ;-)
Kikimiss - yeah I do before the novelty wears off...
Ooooh, lucky Monet! If you don't win Australian Mother of the Year this year, then there's something wrong!
Where has Charli gone to then? She was always my favourite. Did you know that the Hi-5 people used to strap down Charli's boobs because she was too buxom for her audience of littlies? Poor thing, especially since you consider she did all the movement and gymnastic-y stuff.
And, where has the other Asian girl gone? The one who was seeing the bloke from Savage Garden?
Ms Mac - I didn't know that about Charli... *smirk* You don't mean Kellie do you? ANyway, Kathleen had a baby to that guy from Savage Garden and left the show and was replaced by Sun end of 2006 (I think) Tim left at the end of last year - was involved in a serious motorbike accident which caused him unable to dance etc., so was replaced by Stevie. Charli just retired to do other stuff as far as I know. I know. I am a wealth of infomation.
Great timing! Definitely mother of the year worthy! Waiting patiently in line sounds pretty daughter of the year worthy, too.
My girls like to shock people by asking "Who're Hi-5?" or "Who are the wiggles?". They know, they just don't seem to be interested.
good timing on your part. I'm glad you made it into the line!
"brilliant" is definately the word! Monet must have been on cloud 9. If someone like that appeared where I live there would have been thousands of people in line.
Awww! She does look a bit starstruck in the pics. Well done you for your quick thinking!What I wnat to know is, are you tired of the new DVD yet? LOL! :)
Poor Monet looks like she's got her grumpy face on! ;)
This reminds me of her mother always lining up to get an Australian cricketer to sign their latest book ... Dean Jones, Steve Waugh etc etc
Hehehe.
Oh Kimbofo - the memories of my previous life...
I am completely unfamiliar with Hi-3....But it all loks wonderful and how very exciting for Monet & you...! A fun time and a memorable one, too!
I can't believe you meet hi 5. wow i no some cousins of yours Monet that will be real jealous...
We are so insanely JEALOUS!!! Hi-5 (aka Hi-Bibe!) are the hot topic in these parts, well for a certain little girl anyway. Kaf-a-leen is/was our fave, along with Tim - lucky we have umpteen old dvds and don't need to buy any newies.
PS: The mummy in the Red Dirt family HATES Charli, in fact that isn't even strong enough LOL. Yay that she's gone, maybe I'll reconsider buying a new dvd after all ;)
But Tim is coming back, yeah ??
I kinda liked Tim ...
What I don't get is how the boys have all beefed up - I remember when they were skinny little boys, and then nature got to them, eh?
I am of the Kathleen era too.
I meant to comment on this the other day, that is completely awesome that everything fell together like that. And I'm glad I read the comments because I was wondering about the ones in the photo that I didn't recognize. We've watched a lot of Hi-5, but not so much lately as the boys are getting bigger. It was one of my favorites though.
Post a Comment