Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Stop At Stuttgart

Lyndon and I wanted to travel from Paris to Munich and I had made the decision to have a stop at Stuttgart, not far over the German border from France.  It took three and a half hours on a Very Fast Train and broke up the trip quite nicely.  I think it was a glimpse of the real 'southern Germany', even though we were there less than 24 hours. And it was a Sunday.

Stuttgart city seems full of lovely grassy areas with lots of flowers in full bloom (when we were there)...


We now know what the locals do on a gorgeous, sunny Sunday afternoon...


Stuttgart also introduced us to some lovely hospitality that we found in the two cities we stayed in Germany.  It also introduced us to fabulous German lagers...


...and sensational food!


Those Germans certainly do a wicked schnitzel and tasty chips/fries.  Ooo that's made me feel all hungry!!

Stuttgart is home to both Mercedes Benz and Porche so we saw and heard those cars everywhere in the city.  Lyndon was in paradise.

The Monday morning we were bathed in glorious sunshine and spent a little time in one of the parks relaxing and studying the Lonely Planet guide...


We left for the main train station late-morning as we were headed for Munich on a lunch-time train.  But that is another post...

Stay tuned.

7 comments:

Alison said...

Those photos are fabulous! What great memories you've captured :)

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

That schnitzel looks very delicious...

Kiki said...

I love how the sun brings the Europeans outdoors, I think we take it for granted seeing we have so many blue sky days here.

I've updated the blog a bit for you, enjoy :-)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Lovely pictures, Melody. It is wonderful to go on your trip with you and yours....!

Julie said...

Hi Melody, Just wanted to thank you for leaving a message on my new blog and also for the warning... I must admit after such a short time I already understand what you mean! Love your blog, looks like you had a great trip to Europe. My ilttle girl was looking over my should whilst reading and she can't believe that you met high 5, I don't think she thinks they are real .. Have only had time to read down to your wedding day (will get round to doing those dishes later), wow what a beautiful setting and I loved your dress, looking forward to readin more..X

Deana said...

I was all into the beauty until you showed the food and beer, yum yum! I have a Mercedes...I LOVE it.

Bobkat said...

Stuttgart looks lovely! It looks like a lovely place to break up your journey adn a couple of your pics remind me of Vienna (including the snitzel!) :)