Monet loves to dress up. I guess most girls her age (nearing 4) love to do the same.
The past few weeks, if Monet isn't wearing one of her scraggy fairy dresses pretending she's either a ballet dancer or a fairy or a princess, she's wearing something else to pretend she's something or someone else. She is actually becoming very (very) inventive with her own wardrobe.
This little outfit is her 'Minnie Mouse' outfit - red dress with white cherries printed on it complete with black leggings, black long sleeved top and her Minnie Mouse ears. (And a rather pathetic looking nose painted on by eye with eyeliner that I never use)...
Of course I think she is awfully cute and clever to come up with an outfit that looked unlike Minnie Mouses, but she really out did herself late last week when she walked out of her room dressed like her Irish Doll, Molly (That is Molly sitting on the little lounge - not a great photo but Monet did actually look like her doll!)...
I had to put her hair up in piggy tails of course but otherwise it is all Monet's doing.
Prehaps I have a costume designer on my hands here?
10 comments:
Cute and clever! Now that's a winning combination :)
Quite tasteful for a 4 yr old too! I remember a horrible striped socks and sandals combination worn by my girl at four...
Quite the fashionista!
What a clever cookie!
My girls LOVE creating costumes and dressing up - Miss F and Miss J especially. I think they would get on fabulously with Monet! Would you be up for a play date at Muddy's next month?
So cute!!!
See? You didn't even need to buy a Minnie Mouse dress!
How adorable, Talia lives to dress up too. At the moment it is fairies and ballerina's, my how girly our little one's are...X
The minnie mouse outfit is sooooo cute.
Oh, I just realised that Molly is the doll I bought her from Wexford! I'd forgotten how sweet that doll was.
I find it so exciting when kids get to a certain age and begin to show their inner talents and their tastes...! Monet is ADORABLE! Her cjoices are so inventive and clever, and I bet she has a ball, figuring it all out, including the eyeliner! (lol)
Thanks for the very sweet Birthday Wish, Melody....I'm off to bed now and I will be Celevrating later this morning and early afternoon!
Look for the book Ther Cherry Red Dress - an absolute favourite of my two boys and is sure to be a favourite with Monet. And you will 'get' it too :)
Post a Comment